Springs?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
H&Rs are too low. Eibachs are either lower/higher in the rear. Steeda is progressive and starts off with a lower spring rate than stock. Front bumper trim is already scuffed. I only want a one-inch drop - no more. Looking for springs that have a linear spring rate higher than stock and give a slightly dropped appearance. What to go with?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
what about coil-over springs?

I would go with MM Coil-over kits for the front and rear and use H&R linear springs. This way you can set the ride exactly as you want and get all the benefits of coil-over. The problem is cost you will also need to install good Caster/Camber plates to use coilovers like MMs.

Rwick7

Established Member
How much is the MM kit and how much adjustment will it give? I'm too lazy to go read about it. :)

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Caster/Camber 199
Front Coil-overs w/springs 369
Rear Coil-overs w/springs 429

This is basically what you would need for Front and Rear minus the shocks and struts.
coil-overpkg-3.jpg

You would be able to adjust much more then you would ever want to go both up and down.

Rwick7

Established Member
Thanks toofast...I wonder how the ride would be...I guess it depends on the springs you choose. I may look in to that in the spring.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I am going to do there entire suspension system. I just have to wait a year or so before I do it to save up in my project fund.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Geez...Now I gotta appropriate funds for this...Too much, too much, never enough!

Poison_S

Established Member
ox,

I went through the same discovery process you are going through right now.

I wanted a 3/4" to 1" drop in the front and about 1" in back.

To get the exactly the drops I wanted, the coil-over route was the only way to go. Problem was the Mustang is not an ea$y car to $etup with coilover$. i would have to spend boo-ku $$$ to get it right and my main goal behind all of this was mainly estethics!

Too much $$ for just making the car look right and who knows what else I would sacafice (sqeaks, rattles and other noises) if I did something that evasive. Friends that have done this made their mustang into a race car, but the problem in my opinion, was it sounded like one too.

I have had eibachs, saleen, H&R and steeda springs on various mustangs I have owned and the steedas have the least amount of drop at 1.25".

The ride is good, the car does not bottom out, the look is perfect and the progressive rate spring, IMO, is the way to go.

This will give you the estethics you are looking for and still have good ride quality (takes the numbness out of the stock setup) w/out having the risk of bottoming out all the time.

My total suspension package (see sig) ran about $580 for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread