• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Spy Shots—’20 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 With PDK-Esque Transmission

Discussion in '2020+ Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by SID297, May 17, 2018.

1. DBK

DBK Re-retired Established Member

Please, for the love of God, don't let this start again.

csc427 likes this.
  2. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

I heard his source's uncle died, but left all of his secrets in a chest, in the basement, in a vault, of a house in the Philippines.

3. The Saint

The Saint Cookie Monster Established Member

It wasn't the Philippines... 0LTgwMDEtMTQ1MjJlY2UxZjMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXBrZWVzZXk@._V1_CR0,88,1467,825_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

13COBRA likes this.
  4. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Economy is very strong. We’re seeing back to back 20% growth year on year from highs in 2015 at my work. Our 5 hour sundays are hitting what solid performaning 10 hour weekdays were hitting in 2015 sales wise with almost twice the profitability those days had due to decidedly lower fixed costs and operational improvements we made to streamline service and production (save labor).

I imagine new dealerships are doing awesome because I see tons of brand new cars every single day. I have customers with 2018 vehicles coming in that I know haven’t bought a new car in 5-10 years, and they are ordering our premium services from shinetreatments and shampoo to waxes and buffing. These people barely ordered the mid grade full serve clean up before. Now it’s $50-80 tickets twice a month.

Regardless of what ms(13)nbc, or cartel news network are preaching, quite a few people have stacks of money right now.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  5. IcebourgGT500

IcebourgGT500 Well-Known Member Established Member

This is correct.......same here in Baton Rouge, LA. Plenty new cars and trucks in my neighborhood. People are making more money and spending it.............good for the economy and for car manufactures !!!

6. BrunotheBoxer

BrunotheBoxer Little Boy Blue - He needed the money. Established Member

This car with the adm’s will be pushing 6 figures. Guaran****inteed.

GotHemi?, Clemson and gimmie11s like this.
  7. IamRacerX

IamRacerX No brand loyalty rhetoric here. Established Member

Agreed! Meanwhile at Chevy even a ZL1 1LE can be had with massive discounts....

BrunotheBoxer and 13COBRA like this.
  8. DepWraith

DepWraith Active Member Established Member

They had a dealer meeting quite a bit back and got a lot of pushback at the high MSRP originally. The dealers, regardless of what you may think, believe they will have a hard time selling $85,000 Mustangs when Camaro's and Dodge's with the same performance can be had for much less (especially with how they will undoubtedly add their stupid ass ADM, making the car well over 100k).

With that said, they went back to the drawing board and cut some expensive components from the project. This is mostly likely why they are probably going with the cheaper of the two motors they were considering.

I frankly don't care if anyone believes me or not, but time will tell. Hell, I've had people on here tell me it was going to be a MY 2020 and despite me showing replies to me from the official Ford Performance and Ford Motor Company twitter accounts saying it was a MY 2019. Now we had a Motor Trend magazine cover leak with July 2018 printed on it...and people still think it will be a 2020.

Motor Trends June issue is already out, so we should see soon I guess...

Side note: There are others on here that have been discounting everyone else's information without providing any of their own, saying they couldn't let the cat out of the bag yet. Well, looks like MT will let it out soon, so if you really have any credible information now is the time to put up or shut up so to speak.

9. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Agreed. Looks like a S550 with a vented hood. Yawnzzz

BrunotheBoxer and Gr8fulmtnbiker like this.
  10. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

...with all wheel drive.

11. DBK

I asked the Chief Engineer if he had heard of your friend that was the source of your information. He had not.

Can we put this to rest now?

redlineit likes this.
  12. DepWraith

No because that's not true DBK, he directly worked on the carbon fiber wing to ensure there was adequate downforce...I have had zero reason to lie.

Go ahead and post proof, any proof, you have of the countless times you have discredited many others without providing any yourself.

No reason not to with the article hitting the stands very soon, nobody to get upset with you since Ford gave it all to Motor Trend...so yeah, unless you have some proof to share, you aren't any more reliable than anyone else you have discredited.

13. Clemson

Clemson Active Member Established Member

We pretty well know what it looks like, pretty well know its a blown 5.2, pretty well know its in the mid-700 hp range, and can pretty well assume it will be stupid expensive, at least initially. What transmission(s) will it have? Will it be geared more towards track or street/strip (350 owners better hope the latter or their cars will be virtually worthless hereafter). What am I missing?

BrunotheBoxer likes this.
  14. DBK

Yeah, it's absolutely 100% true.

5/3/18 4:44 PM
    "Have you ever heard of a guy named Steve Walton?"
    "No."

That was the extent of the conversation, which is what I figured it would be. Sorry man, but whatever your buddy did, you've continually had a metric ton of bad info that I'm sure you believe but is wrong.

redlineit and ON D BIT like this.
  15. GT Premi

GT Premi Well known member Established Member

I watched a video this morning from the Mustang GT PP2 press event, and when asked about the new GT500, the Ford rep specifically said expect something in 2019. That could very well make it a 2020 model year car.

16. DepWraith

Good story. I knew you wouldn't have anything to share with us as usual.

You always just duck around the whole posting any sort of proof whatsoever of any of our info being wrong and you being right.

Guess you can't be wrong if you just tell everyone else is wrong huh?

17. DepWraith

Ford and Ford Performance specifically replied to my question as to if it was a MY 2019 or MY 2020 and BOTH replied on Twitter it was a MY 2019.

18. DBK

The point of me repeatedly telling you it was wrong is so you can employ the process of elimination. You have been wrong on everything. Intro date, release date, model year, engine, transmission. It should be super easy to rule items out and then use common sense to arrive at reality. Key word being "should." I tried telling you in 2017 there was zero possibility the car was going to be an MY18 5.0L TT with a 10-spd auto which was literally wrong on every single count, but it was a futile effort. Release dates, intro dates, engines, transmissions. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong over and over. That continues today.

"You can lead a horse to water, but unless you're willing to shove his nose in the water and suck on his asshole, you can't make him drink."

19. DepWraith

Ok, Everything points to 10sp auto and you have zero proof of anything else.

I explained release/intro date delay (due to hard starting/oil consumption issues and the possible switch to a blown version)...although we still don't know motor and you have zero proof of anything else.

Any you still haven't provided anything to this thread other than to say "no" to everyone else who has posted...

When it's released we will see exactly how long they've been working on it and what occurred along the way (delays, motor changes, etc).

They are spilling the beans very soon as you are apparently very well aware of...not sure why you're worried about spilling them a bit earlier?

Nothing says you were right like posting up all the exact specs you are so certain of before this happens...

Unless of course you have no beans?

20. DBK

You asked for it dude.

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

ALL OF IT - I tried to advise you to chill for that purpose.

WRONG

WRONG

RIGHT

WRONG

DATE, Model Year, Engine, Transmission - WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

Sorry, he's busy at MM. But he has come over a few times to hang since he left.

WRONG

It's truly like talking to a brick wall.

72SBC, AustinJ427, redlineit and 5 others like this.