Spy Shots—’21 F-150 Raptor Gets GT500 Supercharged V8

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
LOL! This should be fun.

Until I see a shot under the hood, it's truly speculation at best.

People have been begging for a V8 Raptor for years. Ford had no interest. Suddenly TRX comes out, and Ford has a knee-jerk reaction. Pretty crappy on Ford to only care what the competition is doing, not what the buyers want.

Ford’s done this for years they took there sweet ass time on the GT500 reveal, Put a Mustang Mach 1E out instead of calling it something else like a Galaxie or something. The Bronco looks good hopefully that will sell for them. I still the no they should’ve went RWD on the Continental offer the black label one as a CTS V competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My94GT

Established Member
I personally hope this proves to be true. That means the loyalists will pay out the ass for the V8 raptor and the already msrp prices available on the TRX will likely come along with rebates at that point

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
@SID297 you guessing a beefed up a10 behind it?

From SEMA:

View attachment 1659633

Here’s a prototype of the upcoming Ford F-150 Raptor, which has all the markings of being driven on a dirty course, looks tough and imposing. The rear underpinnings still have drape-like camo to disguise the new coil-spring suspension system.

But perhaps even more notable is the fact that the new Raptor will be powered by a supercharged 5.2 V8 engine straight from the heart of the Shelby GT500, and will make between 725 and 750 hp, according to sources. One source said “Honestly, we had to counter RAM once we knew they installed the HellCat in the TRX”. The team is allegedly looking to beat the Ram TRX at all costs. Rumbles of a V8 can clearly be heard under the hood.

Expect an official debut in early 2021.

View attachment 1659634

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Nice to have choices. I love the new TRX. If Raptor gets the V8, I will drive both and buy the one I like the best (I have no brand loyalty). If the new Raptor is just an updated version of EcoGarbage, then I will not consider it.

No V8, no care.

This plus I wish instead the raptor had that new badass 7.3 gasser

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

I already know who's going to pipe off in here going hurr durr no manufacturer ever offered 2 halo powertrains and the 3.5 is the best evar...

Choo Choo, bruhs.
1p74ap.jpg

TLDR; Ford to offer a limited edition Raptor with the 5.2 Predator engine in response to the debut of the TRX. Of course, UNLIKE the TRX, Ford doing what Ford does: PRODUCTION LIMITS. Nothing official, but the production is probably going to be like GT500 limits.

At least they found their balls... probably for $100k a copy but.. ya know.

blk02edge

Established Member
I still don’t believe it. I won’t believe it until Ford releases a video with the engine in the truck. I’d say it’s getting the powerboost and the powerboost only.

Pick your poison.
We can't seem to get a straight answer, suprised to see Sid had posted this but I do also believe some click bait car mag has trolled the internet with this 500 powered Raptor nonsense.

I agree, Raptor should have the Tremors 7.3. Makes more actual sense than the EcoBoost and the predator combined

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
We can't seem to get a straight answer, suprised to see Sid had posted this but I do also believe some click bait car mag has trolled the internet with this 500 powered Raptor nonsense.

I agree, Raptor should have the Tremors 7.3. Makes more actual sense than the EcoBoost and the predator combined
If the 3.5EB is a response to CAFE, then shame on Ford for not building a fleet of small shitbox cars for the purpose of increasing the CAFE MPG while leaving their performance marques alone.

Fiat Chrysler is merging with Renault explicitly for this purpose. FCA gets technology to get their CAFE in line, and Renault gets a set of balls.

Users who are viewing this thread