Spy Shots: 2024 Ford Explorer ST Breaks Cover in Dearborn

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

Explorer

Here’s a first look at the ’24 Ford Explorer ST while testing in Dearborn.

Ford will launch an Electric Explorer in 2024, but in the meantime, ICE Explorers will get a nip/tuck. Up front, we can see that the Explorer ST will gain a slightly more aggressive look, with larger openings lurking below a revised grille and all-new headlights. Around back, we expect to see revised taillights that have a similar appearance to the recently shown Chinese Explorer. Inside, the Explorer should get an updated interior with a horizontally mounted display screen.

Powertrain changes aren’t expected, but the 3.0L EcoBoost may get a slight bump in power. Currently the Explorer ST is rated at 400 hp and 415 lb.-ft. of torque, it wouldn’t be surprising if those numbers rise by 3%–5%.

Expect to see the refreshed Explorer ST in 2023.

Explorer

einehund

Established Member
Wonder if it still has the stupid faux exhaust tips with the crappy downturns, or if they figured out how to do something proper?

Hak5.0

Established Member
Wonder if it still has the stupid faux exhaust tips with the crappy downturns, or if they figured out how to do something proper?
considering they had issues with the previous generation with carbon monoxide in the cabin, that caused recalls, especially police interceptors, I think that was their way of dealing with those issues on this model

einehund

Established Member
considering they had issues with the previous generation with carbon monoxide in the cabin, that caused recalls, especially police interceptors, I think that was their way of dealing with those issues on this model
That's what I was referring to. Every car maker on earth can route the exhaust in a normal fashion, but Ford is confused by both aerodynamics and proper sealing of cabins.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd rather have a lowered sedan version, like a Taurus SHO, V8 + 6M + AWD. I have 86K miles on my current SHO and will be looking to replace it at ~120K miles.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Only things I hate about mine are the vertical screen and the transmission never seems to want to shift to the correct gear. Hoping a tune takes care of the transmission.
An aftermarket exhaust took care of the tail pipes.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
i dont care for the vertical screen either.. another poor point of the explorer ST is the tow rating.. 5800 lbs isn't enough for that price tag. I'd like to see it go up to 6500 where most sub 27 foot dual axle campers reside..

Users who are viewing this thread