Spy Shots: '22 Toyota Tundra

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-HpqprPr-X2.jpg

Toyota has been teasing the ’22 Tundra for about a month now, but has only shown shots of the highest trims and strategically cropped images. However, here’s a first look at the mid/base interior along with a better idea of what to expect from the Tundra.

Looking inside, the (mid/base) Tundra will receive a relatively small nav screen that is flanked by a couple of vents. Below the screen sits the HVAC controls along with a USB port for charging. Materials appear to be similar to the current Tundra, along with a similar layout to the dash.

The ’22 Tundra will ride on an all-new platform, internally called F1, that is said to be flexible enough to accommodate all Toyota body-on-frame pickup and SUV models globally. That means the platform will underpin not only Tundra, but also the Tacoma and the smaller HiLux—not sold in the United States or Canada—as well as SUV models, including the 4Runner and Sequoia.

A new 10-speed automatic that first appeared in the Lexus LC and LS models is also slated for all of Toyota’s rear-drive vehicles, including the Tundra. The Tundra will maintain its 5.7L V8, although it is believed that a hybridized twin-turbocharged 3.5L V6 setup may still find its way into the Tundra.

i-c5cN75C-X2.jpg

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Where are you getting that they’ll keep the 5.7 NA v8?

Everything I’ve seen says there will be a 3.5tt, a hybrid 3.5tt, and potentially an NA 3.5.

No one has mentioned keeping the outdated 5.7…

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I got 260k on my 2009 5.7 Charger! Its my hoopdie. I change the oil like every 50k miles to lol Thing is a beast!
Ok?

Are you suggesting that your iron block dodge 5.7 is the same engine as the aluminum block Toyota 5.7 or all 5.7s are reliable because they're the right size?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Are u suggesting that im suggesting?

Ok?

Are you suggesting that your iron block dodge 5.7 is the same engine as the aluminum block Toyota 5.7 or all 5.7s are reliable because they're the right size?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread