Spy Shots: Chevy Silverado ZR2 Does Its Best Raptor Impression

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-sRPx2c7-X2_0.jpg

Here’s the ’22 Chevy Silverado ZR2 undergoing testing, showing a few new traits about the upcoming off-road-oriented truck.

The Silverado ZR2 (or potentially Silverado Trail Boss ZR2) will feature even more rugged capability than the Trail Boss models. From the shots, we can see a higher clearance front bumper, a prominent skid plate at the front and what appears to be an even greater suspension lift. Curiously, this prototype is fitted with a set of running boards that don’t appear to offer very high ground clearance.

Other than that, the Silverado ZR2 should adopt all the traits of the Silverado 1500 refresh, including a new interior.

i-NdWzpbb-X2.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Although I'd prefer the Raptor, this will bearing watching as production gets closer.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Watching this closely to see if it gets same/better suspension and drive mode tech as the raptor. The benefit for this truck is that it is most likely fitted with the 6.2 and is a stout package for long term durability.

HD117

Established Member
Now if they would throw a twin turbo 6.2 under the hood, it may be competitive with the TRX!

Recon

Established Member
I’d love to see a LT5 equipped Silverado/Sierra competitor to the TRX and Raptor.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread