Squeak when turning

Evan5469

Established Member
Any new updates on your squeaking problem, hyelife? Mine has decided to come back as well, so I'm interested to see if you've been able to resolve it.

hyelife2

Established Member
Any new updates on your squeaking problem, hyelife? Mine has decided to come back as well, so I'm interested to see if you've been able to resolve it.

Hey Evan, I ended up putting in two new Timken hubs with new bearings and cleaning everything in that area. The squeaking went away for a little bit then came back. :shrug:
I didnt want to throw parts at it but it looks like that will be what I end up doing. Im thinking of trying some Rotor Pros rotors to see if that makes any difference.

Evan5469

Established Member
Hey Evan, I ended up putting in two new Timken hubs with new bearings and cleaning everything in that area. The squeaking went away for a little bit then came back. :shrug:
I didnt want to throw parts at it but it looks like that will be what I end up doing. Im thinking of trying some Rotor Pros rotors to see if that makes any difference.

Sorry to hear that didn't fix it. Keep me posted if replacing the rotor fixes it though. It HAS to be brake related in some way, since our squeaks go away when we press the brake pedal. I just wish I knew what it was because it is very annoying.

hyelife2

Established Member
Sorry to hear that didn't fix it. Keep me posted if replacing the rotor fixes it though. It HAS to be brake related in some way, since our squeaks go away when we press the brake pedal. I just wish I knew what it was because it is very annoying.

Will do. I defintely feel your pain :lol1:
On top of all that now Im getting a grinding noise when I make right turns, the noise is coming from the left side. :shrug:
I checked my pads and there's almost 50% life still left.
I will defintely be looking into Rotor Pros rotors.

richie_1

Established Member
same problem here too. at first it was the brake pad not clamping on to the rotor and leaving a little grove in the driver side rotor , replaced the brakes and thought it was the brakes gonna take it apart ..

hyelife2

Established Member
same problem here too. at first it was the brake pad not clamping on to the rotor and leaving a little grove in the driver side rotor , replaced the brakes and thought it was the brakes gonna take it apart ..

So you think yours was the groove in the rotor?

10sec89

Established Member
Guys I just went threw this. I too tried all these fixes from bushings to bearings only to still have a damn creaking noise when turning left. After some searching on here going way back, I came across a thread that recommended changing the strut's because the factory Bilsteins get hammered in short order when the cars are lowered. Long story short, I replaced my struts and it drives like a new car! And the best part my creak is finally gone. My struts were wasted at 64K. Car never really felt like it rode bad to me but after installing new struts I am shocked at the difference. If you have tried it all with no results, replace the struts, it's only a 15 minute job per side.

Last edited:

hyelife2

Established Member
Guys I just went threw this. I too tried all these fixes from bushings to bearings only to still have a damn creaking noise when turning left. After some searching on here going way back, I came across a thread that recommended changing the strut's because the factory Bilsteins get hammered in short order when the cars are lowered. Long story short, I replaced my struts and it drives like a new car! And the best part my creak is finally gone. My struts were wasted at 64K. Car never really felt like it rode bad to me but after installing new struts I am shocked at the difference. If you have tried it all with no results, replace the struts, it's only a 15 minute job per side.

Thanks for the info 10sec. I swapped rotors and still have the squeak. Ill probably give this a shot when funding allows. :beer:

djervin

Established Member
Well.... I have a squeaking/ chirping noise ONLY when driving, I apply the brakes it goes away. I tried new rotors/ pads, cleaning everything, lubing everything, etc.... Here is the really odd thing, stock 17x9's no problem, 17x9/ 10.5 no problem, bought 18" CCW's had this problem, sold the CCW's and put another set of 17x9/10.5 on problem went away. NOW I have 18" TF's on the car, the problem is back! Can anyone think of anything? Does this sound similar to the other issues in this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread