SRP Pedals

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I saw someone post up on them and liked what I saw. SRPracing (Sullivan Racing Products) seemed to be rather obscure as I had never heard of them. Navigating through their site, you come upon their various Mustang offerings, including pedals for 2005+ models. I sat on the links for awhile and never looked at them again.

It wasn't until I had worn a couple of different pairs of shoes, boots, sandals, and then bare feet that I realized that I wanted something with a bit more grip. I found SRP's wider gas pedal offing of interest as well, as it'll allow easier heel/toeing, something I've never attempted to master.

So I studied the various combinations that SRP will whip up and settled on their '05+, manual transmission, grid surface finish, in black/silver. I ordered up a set about a month ago and they showed up at my doorstep today. The anodized, CNC billet pedals are simply beautiful pieces that I can't wait to add to my machine. I opened up the box and snapped off a few shots with them placed inline (note that the dead pedal is inverted as it lays).

IMG_8506.jpg

SRP sent me two versions of their gas pedal, a wide and a narrow version.

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

Note the different textures between pedals

IMG_8514.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

Included is the necessary hardware and a thorough set of installation instructions. I dealt with "Brian" from SRP and he answered any question I had and took care of getting them to me as well as supplying me with tracking numbers.

I'm very pleased with the quality and look forward to getting them on. I'll add to this thread the installation once done.

Tob

Van@RevanRacing

I saw someone post up on them and liked what I saw. SRPracing (Sullivan Racing Products) seemed to be rather obscure as I had never heard of them. Navigating through their site, you come upon their various Mustang offerings, including pedals for 2005+ models. I sat on the links for awhile and never looked at them again.

It wasn't until I had worn a couple of different pairs of shoes, boots, sandals, and then bare feet that I realized that I wanted something with a bit more grip. I found SRP's wider gas pedal offing of interest as well, as it'll allow easier heel/toeing, something I've never attempted to master.

So I studied the various combinations that SRP will whip up and settled on their '05+, manual transmission, grid surface finish, in black/silver. I ordered up a set about a month ago and they showed up at my doorstep today. The anodized, CNC billet pedals are simply beautiful pieces that I can't wait to add to my machine. I opened up the box and snapped off a few shots with them placed inline (note that the dead pedal is inverted as it lays).

IMG_8506.jpg

SRP sent me two versions of their gas pedal, a wide and a narrow version.

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

Note the different textures between pedals

IMG_8514.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

Included is the necessary hardware and a thorough set of installation instructions. I dealt with "Brian" from SRP and he answered any question I had and took care of getting them to me as well as supplying me with tracking numbers.

I'm very pleased with the quality and look forward to getting them on. I'll add to this thread the installation once done.

Tob

Good write up Tob.

I have installed these on two customer cars. I have a set sitting here for my car and I have a spare set that I bought to take pics and put on my website. Just have not had the time to get to it.

They have changed the design a little and these dramatically improve your ability to heel - toe.

Van

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
How do they install? And if you don't mind me asking what does a set cost

Here's a generic set of instructions from SRP's site. In essence, you remove your plastic or rubber pedal covers. You then lay out on the remaining steel portion of factory pedal, drill, and bolt these on with countersunk machine screws.

Pricing is dependent upon the options you choose, as I intimated originally. I paid $154 plus shipping for my combination which included two different gas pedals.

Good write up Tob.

I have installed these on two customer cars. I have a set sitting here for my car and I have a spare set that I bought to take pics and put on my website. Just have not had the time to get to it.

They have changed the design a little and these dramatically improve your ability to heel - toe.

Van

I was wondering if you had used these or not, Van. If I might ask, did you through bolt them as they instruct, or did you you drill and tap so that no nut was needed?

Would love to see the install on these.

Are they anodized?

I'll do my best to document the install, Matt.

Yes, the ones I show are anodized. Here's a page that better shows the anodizing options. I chose the black/silver option on grid (or pyramid grid).

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I spent the better part of the day installing these and I have to be honest - it wasn't a quick and easy job. No roadblocks that I couldn't overcome but challenging nonetheless. So lets get this started...

I guess I never paid much attention to how the stock pedals look. A quick glance from down low has my head mumbling...Bullitt.

IMG_8531.jpg

Removal of the brake and clutch pedal covers is simple. Pull them up and pull them off.

IMG_8538.jpg

IMG_8539.jpg

A quick look at what'll be joining quite a few other take off's from my '09

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8543.jpg

New meets old

IMG_8544.jpg

So much for the clutch/brake pedals. BTW, they are the same identical part. The gas pedal looked to be a bitch to remove. Drilling it in place seemed to be a bad idea as well. So I reached up under the dash, disconnected the drive by wire pedal sensor, and removed the three 10mm nuts that held it tight to the firewall

IMG_8546.jpg

The plastic/aluminum pedal is held in place by two self tapping allen screws. Accessing them with the assembly in place would have been a real pain in the ass

IMG_8548.jpg

Once the screws are out, you simply pull the pedal away from the rest of the assembly

IMG_8555.jpg

IMG_8550.jpg

Eager to see how the factory contour matched that of the SRP gas pedal, I overlaid the two and learned they weren't a perfect match. Armed with my favorite raspy bastard, I spent about five minutes carefully shaving the plastic so that the new pedal would fit like a glove

IMG_8596.jpg

IMG_8597.jpg

IMG_8559.jpg

I set the newly mated parts down as I wanted to move onto the clutch/brake pedals. I wanted to finish them before it got too dark as I figured I could do the gas pedal at anytime day or night. So I quickly wrapped each pedal in painters tape, held the new pedal right where I wanted it and marked each hole I wanted to use with a fresh Sharpie.

IMG_8563.jpg

Instead of trying to whack a punch with a hammer, I used a spring loaded prick punch. I then drilled/tapped for a 10-24 countersunk machine screw. I didn't use the supplied hardware here. I felt more comfortable using the larger screw as opposed to the 8-32 countersunk machine screws that were provided. The countersunk head is slightly larger and barely fits into the machined recess laid into each pedal.

IMG_8564.jpg

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I picked up an assortment of stainless hardware but couldn't find the exact lengths I wanted. No biggie. I used a 4" grinder with a zip disc to shorten the bolts to the length I wanted and then cleaned up the threads with a small file.

IMG_8567.jpg

I bolted up the clutch pedal and moved onto the brake. Note the towels in place to catch the shavings

IMG_8571.jpg

IMG_8574.jpg

The upper left hand hole I wanted to drill/tap had the pedal arm right behind it. That meant I wouldn't be able to run the tap all the way. I had to tap as far as I could, remove the tap, cut it down, reinsert and run the tap in as deep as I could. It worked perfectly.

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

Both pedals in place

IMG_8582.jpg

After a quick stretch, a Mountain Dew, a Root Beer, and a handful of pretzels, I was ready to tackle the gas pedal. This is what my work table looked like at this point.

IMG_8585.jpg

The sun was going down and I wanted to make quick work of the gas pedal before stopping for the day. Again, I covered the naked OE pedal arm with painters tape, held the new pedal where I wanted it, and marked my holes.

IMG_8615.jpg

The ABS plastic took well to the punch

IMG_8616.jpg

Drilling was very easy. Note that the ultimate location I chose for the new pedal involved spending time relating the holes to the reinforcing ribs on the backside. I planned on dressing the back with a Dremel to give me nut flats where needed

IMG_8618.jpg

Careful layout paid off - evrything fit perfectly

IMG_8623.jpg

I used stainless nuts on the backside as well as blue Loctite. You can clearly see where I had to dress the plastic pedal assembly to allow room for a nut as well as a flat surface for it to seat

IMG_8620.jpg

IMG_8619.jpg

I stopped at this point. I'll mount the gas pedal assembly tomorrow. Just to see how it would look, I laid the dead pedal in roughly the spot where it will sit and took a final shot

IMG_8603.jpg

Much more to this "simple" pedal upgrade than I originally thought. More tomorrow.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Gas pedal went in without a hitch and fits perfectly.

IMG_8629.jpg

Regarding the dead pedal and what's underneath...nothing more than pressed carpet underlayment, not steel. Color me surprised. I thought it was stamped steel until I pulled the carpet back. Now I see why SRP supplies stainless screws with a wood-style pointed tip.

IMG_8633.jpg

I took the car out for a quick jaunt and was rather pleased with the increased grip on both the clutch and brake pedals. The gas pedal I used was the narrower of the two that were supplied and I may switch the two sometime in the future. For now, pedal placement pretty much mirrors the stock arrangement.

Again, this mod was a bit more labor intensive than I would have first thought. And that's fine as long as the end result meets the grade. In this case I believe it did and would recommend the mod to anyone capable of handling layout, drilling and tapping a thread.

Tob

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Wow Tob, those turned out great. Looks like a pain to install but well worth it. Nice work as always.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks, Steve and Nate. The install would be a bit quicker if one were to simply drill oversize holes and utilize the supplied hardware.

My MO...if you can do it better, do it better.

:coolman:

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
looks great! the grid/black/machined pedals would definitely be my choice too, kind of like an aggressive yet understated look compared to some of those ridiculous ricer pedal covers. as usual, great write up too!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I just remembered that Shelby sells a pedal kit, so I googled and found a writeup at TS. Crazy, how similar what I just did was to that of what "Roger" did a few years ago. Almost everything he posted on went through my mind when I did mine. I then found a link to when he added their dead pedal and I see they use a bracket that mounts to the body to provide a sturdy base. I may whip something like that up as well.

Here's the link's to Roger's install job...

Shelby Billet Pedal Covers - Team Shelby

Shelby Billet Dead Pedal - Team Shelby

BigTang

Breakin' Stuff
Established Member
did you use slotted screws on the brake clutch and philips on the dead pedal and gas or is that an optical illusion?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Good eye.

Drove me nuts that all the 1" stainless machine screws were slotted and the remaining sizes were phillips.

Users who are viewing this thread