SRP Pedals

barspen

Established Member
Waking up an old thread...

Looking to performance this upgrade in the next couple months. Pedals and install look fantastic.

Anyone have any feedback on how this helped with Heel-toe on a track?

THX

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I got the "Medium" width gas pedal. It took a day or two to get used to but I like it a lot better than the standard pedal. The "Wide" would be too much for me.

I would recommend calling or emailing Sullivan before you order. He is totally willing to do custom designs. Also, I used rivets instead of the screws to attach the pedals. It was significantly easier to install.

I highly recommend this upgrade. The stock pedals are crap by comparison.

merkyworks

Established Member
I am using a clutch pedal extension on my factory setup currently. Does SRP make something that sandwiches between the factory steel clutch pedal plate and the new aluminum clutch pedal plate? My short legs require this :cryying:

edit.... It looks like this.
lrs-ez9414_7521.jpg

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member
New pedal ordered placed...Block design in black, so it will take a few weeks to get here. Plan to follow Tob's install procedures, so I will be learning on the fly about 'tap and die' processes :rolling: I'll post some picts and driving impressions when I get everything setup.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ready yourself for the contortioning. It is a PIA to get at the pedals and then work on them for any length of time. Remove the gas pedal and work on it out of the car.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Ready yourself for the contortioning. It is a PIA to get at the pedals and then work on them for any length of time. Remove the gas pedal and work on it out of the car.

+1

On a scale of 1 to 10, this job is a Negative 2 on the Mod Scale.

Worth it though, SRP make fine Pedals and have them on my GT500 and FOX Vert.

file_zps97b7d950.jpg

If you're going to do this job, get yourself some quailty Cobalt Drill bits, Ford made these Pedals out of the Canadian Shield and get lots of light ready, even on the brightest of days, the Pedals are located in a Black Hole.

file_zps3cf78a93.jpg

^^

GT500

file_zpsd6dke44v.jpg

^^

FOX

barspen

Established Member
Finally got my new SRP pedals installed today. Tob's write up is spot-on and the process was fairly pain-free. If you are a contortionist in your spare time or weigh 110lbs, it will be even easier.:coolman:

First time I've ever use a Tap and it was worked great (plus, gave me an excuse to expand my tool chest). The clutch and brake pedals are super secure.

Only challenging part was securing the gas pedal. The holes did not line up as nicely as I thought and I ended up tapping them into the ABS. There is really no easy way to get a nut on the back of the '11 pedal, as Tob shows in the write up. I used 6 screws and everything seems very secure.

First impression driving was excellent. They look and feel great...there are HIGH quality pieces! First time I tried to 'Heel and Toe' and I hit the mark with ease...way easier than the stock pedals. There is some minor 'footwork' adjustment with the gas pedal being wider than stock, but something I should get used to in short order.

20160903_001658563_iOS_zpsulaqenf0.jpg

20160910_182603879_iOS_zpslmv9q5m4.jpg

20160910_194426863_iOS_zpsgyjgwppm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread