Srt? Z06? Ls1?

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
How is it that an SVT based site seems to have become a clearinghouse for SRT-4, SRT-10, Camaro, Corvette, Supra, etc. videos, discussions and debates?

I don't have any statistics, but I would venture a guess that there is more non-SVT posing on this forum than SVT-specific. What's up with that?

Herb

sixt5

Established Member
thats the reason im here. i am in love with a terminator. of course i have respect for all performance based vehicles, as you all should.

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
sixt5 said:
thats the reason im here. i am in love with a terminator. of course i have respect for all performance based vehicles, as you all should.

That's cool - And I'm not downing the other makes. It just gets old sometimes being on an SVT based site and having to sort through all the x vs y vs z posts that contain nothing at all related to SVT, let alone Ford vehicles. I get real tired of the many troll-ish owners of these other vehicles that keep coming here to put down our vehicles.

Herb

nice coupe BTW - I've got a 66 with the 200/4 spd in storage that I plan a driveline swap in at some point. I'm planning running gear from a 93 GT with a Vortech SQ - just need to rebuild the shortblock and source a T5 - oh and time.

urwtdrm

Blowned
Established Member
herb101 said:
LOL - c'mon now - the Terminator's not the only cool SVT....

Herb
Not what I meant, I love all SVTs (except for the contour of coarse). Should have said all SVT wannabees.

StangStud

SVT Wanna Be
Established Member
Yea, i hang around here beacuse i pretty much love cobras and lightnings. I belive them to be a work of god and chuck norris really, only they could creat such beautifle cars, well maybe mike ditka too.

mustangbee

Established Member
herb101 said:
How is it that an SVT based site seems to have become a clearinghouse for SRT-4, SRT-10, Camaro, Corvette, Supra, etc. videos, discussions and debates?

Herb

maybe b/c SVT is disappearing...yeah, yeah, i saw the GT500 vid, but the GT is gone and no other svt vehicles are 100%..and also, must ppl arent in love with a terminator either..lol.. :bowdown: whatever. While GM and dodge are coming out with high performance vehicles, ford is banking on one car to carry the entire performance division.. :nonono: ...and that car is nearly 4000lbs..

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
mustangbee said:
maybe b/c SVT is disappearing...yeah, yeah, i saw the GT500 vid, but the GT is gone and no other svt vehicles are 100%..and also, must ppl arent in love with a terminator either..lol.. :bowdown: whatever. While GM and dodge are coming out with high performance vehicles, ford is banking on one car to carry the entire performance division.. :nonono: ...and that car is nearly 4000lbs..

Yeah - that could be part of it, but it dates back before the demise of SVT.
I just get so sick of wading through all the Evo and Dodge colt videos and posts. Maybe I expect too much from a site DEDICATED to Ford SVT vechicles? I don't think I do.

Dodge is really being committed to perfomance lately, but GM has been real spotty. The Vette is usually at the upper end of the food chain, but killing off the F-bodies showed GM's long-term commitment.

Herb

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
herb101 said:

I don't have any statistics, but I would venture a guess that there is more non-SVT posing on this forum than SVT-specific. What's up with that?

Herb

Because there are more cars than SVTs :poke:

BTW :wf:

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
BeyondLimitz said:
Because there are more cars than SVTs :poke:

Last time I looked, the sites title is "SVTPerformance" not "OtherCarsPerfomance"

BeyondLimitz said:

How so? As I said in my original post, I'm talking about this forum:

"How is it that an SVT based site seems to have become a clearinghouse for SRT-4, SRT-10, Camaro, Corvette, Supra, etc. videos, discussions and debates?

Herb"

Herb

mustangbee

Established Member
herb101 said:
but GM has been real spotty. The Vette is usually at the upper end of the food chain, but killing off the F-bodies showed GM's long-term commitment.

Herb

yeah, gm is somewhat spotty, but they are coming back out with the camaro ss, and the cts super v, both with 500hp(cts for sure)

Lankhoss

Established Member
herb101 said:
That's cool - And I'm not downing the other makes. It just gets old sometimes being on an SVT based site and having to sort through all the x vs y vs z posts that contain nothing at all related to SVT, let alone Ford vehicles. I get real tired of the many troll-ish owners of these other vehicles that keep coming here to put down our vehicles.

Herb

nice coupe BTW - I've got a 66 with the 200/4 spd in storage that I plan a driveline swap in at some point. I'm planning running gear from a 93 GT with a Vortech SQ - just need to rebuild the shortblock and source a T5 - oh and time.

This is my favorite. You come in complaining about all this talk about "non-SVT vehicles" to end this reply by talking about some non-SVT Mustangs heh

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
i think LL takes us as a compliment because so many people from diffrent car brands come to one site and talk about cars. if their were only svt vids it would be boreing. we are all car guys and i think you guys shouldnt have a problem with us because thats racess! jk

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
This is my favorite. You come in complaining about all this talk about "non-SVT vehicles" to end this reply by talking about some non-SVT Mustangs heh

Good point - but he started it. I am going to use genuine Cobra parts though...

Herb

Users who are viewing this thread