Stainless Works LT's with MAC Axleback Vid

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
A friend of mine and myself just finished installing a set of Stainless Works 1 7/8" long tube headers and matching O/R X-pipe on my '11 GT. My car still has the factory resonators and a MAC axleback.

I'm very happy with the sound of the exhaust!! I'm also very happy with the 'butt dyno' improvement in the performance of my car. :banana: I hope to get it redynoed in the near future.

Here is a vid of the exhaust and also a short 20-120 blast from in-car with the windows down. I had my 295/45/17 MT DR's on the car but didn't realize that when the tire shop reinstalled them on Friday that they put 36 pounds of air in them. :bash: Traction was definitely an issue!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qD...DvjVQa1PpcFOSu4eL5t3jGRzEvJ2fRUrAzUealER6l2k=

Here is a pic of the headers and X-pipe on the car and a couple of shots of the car itself.

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

Last edited:

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I love it! I want to hear the mac axleback with an O/R hipe now to see if i want to get one instead of switching to the gt500s from my muffler deletes!

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
That does sound good.

Thanks Mike :beer:

Sounds nice! But to loud for the street.

It isn't too loud for the street at all. My son and I were talking with the windows down while going down the road while we were doing the video and we could carry on a conversation at normal talking volume with no problem at all.

^ To quiet for the street imo :)

:lol1:

sounds great! I really like it

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
How bad were they to install? Did u use a lift?

A friend of mine and myself did them. It took us too evenings after work to get them on. We did use a lift, I wouldn't want to attempt to do them without one. It wasn't too bad of a job but still took us about 8 hours to do.

He had installed a set of ARH on his '11 GT before so he already knew the process. He said that the ARH's were easier to install than the SW's were.

Users who are viewing this thread