Stall converter and cams

StrokerGT22

Established Member
Right now I have a 2,500 rpm stall converter anti balloon plated and XE270AH comp cams with a 2.1 kenne bell blower and my car just will not stay at idle it wants to die constantly and does die often is my stall to small for those cams

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Why in the world do you have a 2500 stall? You know a stock stall is around 2400. You have a tune issue not a converter issue. Probably won't stay idling cause the tune isn't dialed in for the cams. Anyway, Id do a 3200 stall for your setup with the pd blower.

StrokerGT22

Established Member
Why in the world do you have a 2500 stall? You know a stock stall is around 2400. You have a tune issue not a converter issue. Probably won't stay idling cause the tune isn't dialed in for the cams. Anyway, Id do a 3200 stall for your setup with the pd blower.

No I had my motor completely rebuilt stoked over everything and after they dyno tuned it the stall speed don’t start breaking the tires lose until 1,500 rpm that’s like no stall at all and my shop said that I may need a bigger stall converter it’s been a pain with the car constantly wanting to die and I thought stock stall rpm for a 01 GT was around 1,800-1,900 rpm

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread