Stall Question guys

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Well I was at the track last Weds and I've owned this car for 3 years this month, its been stalling during the whole duration just randomly at this description.

From CobraBob:

The “stall” issue:

Stalling is a fairly common and potentially dangerous problem with the Cobras. There is a TSB on this issue. It is easily fixed with an ECU reflash by the dealer. For cars without the ECU reflash the stall can occur at any time on deceleration, usually when the clutch is depressed. The motor does not always return to a normal idle speed but drops too low and stalls. See the TSB list above for more fix information.

But again, it happened so rarely, I just deal with it. Well, everytime I go to the track and I left off at the finish line, depress clutch, most the time it dies. I'd almost have to say everytime. So, I adjusted at the track and threw it in 5th until I slowed down enough. That kept it running.

Question: is it really that easy to just go to the local Ford dealer and have them do that?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
It's an easy procedure for them to update your PCM tune to the AMZ2 revision but I don't think they'll do it for free.

Should only charge you 1/2 hr labor though...

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
All custom tuners (who know what they're doing) use AMZ2 as a base

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Well I plan on going twinscrew next year, so maybe I'll just wait when I get a whole new tune :shrug:

If I don't, then I guess I'll head into the dealer.

Thanks guys

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Why wait for a tune? You'll get more hp and they can build on that tune most likely. I got considerable better wot mileage as it wasn't dumping so much gas in the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread