Stang TV Holley Intake Test

jn2

Established Member
Now what I am wondering is whether they kept the exact same tune on the car like AED did during their test of the stock vs boss manifold.

Only change settings needed to run, which would be "manifold volume" and set your higher RPM limit. Leave VCT, Spark, Lambda, and all other tables the same as when you had the stock manifold.

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
Lol at all the people I saw say it would beat the Cobra Jet intake. CJ doesn't lose torque like this Holley. Might as well get run a Boss/85mm TB/Airraid setup to get the same numbers.

This manifold is crap.

noldevin

Established Member
Now what I am wondering is whether they kept the exact same tune on the car like AED did during their test of the stock vs boss manifold.

Only change settings needed to run, which would be "manifold volume" and set your higher RPM limit. Leave VCT, Spark, Lambda, and all other tables the same as when you had the stock manifold.

Good question. I can say that in MOST of these comparisons that we see they drop the ball in the tuning dept. by either
A) leaving the car completely stock and then adding the part and a tune (omg 50hp gainz!)
B) having the car tuned but not properly adjusting it to take full advantage of each part

t660

Established Member
Lol at all the people I saw say it would beat the Cobra Jet intake. CJ doesn't lose torque like this Holley. Might as well get run a Boss/85mm TB/Airraid setup to get the same numbers.

This manifold is crap.

Will the boss manifold beat out stock at 5,500 rpms though? Thought it was pretty pointless unless you were spinning past 7k?

Still, needing to buy extra equipment just to install this intake makes me cringe.

AKDMB

Established Member

Off topic, anyone have these dyno graphs? Tried to find this thread, I did and then the picture of the dyno graph was a broken link. PM me if necessary.

Last edited:

nate714

Established Member
It'd be interesting to see how it holds up in boosted applications and compared to the boss manifold. I'm glad people are still making new products for the coyote motors, but I don't think this is really a game changer.

Dig Race

Established Member
It said they don't recommend it for boost over 10-12 lbs? Wtf? I want to know what the one for boosted applications will look like

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
CPR tested the Holley intake with a turbo setup and it didnt perform near as well as the Boss.

So let's take a look. This manifold is a huge no-go for nitrous plates, it doesn't handle boost well, and It performs the same as a Boss intake.

I can see why it took so long for the article to be released lmao. Holleys R&D dropped the ball on this one, IMO.

CPRsm

CPR tested the Holley intake with a turbo setup and it didnt perform near as well as the Boss.

So let's take a look. This manifold is a huge no-go for nitrous plates, it doesn't handle boost well, and It performs the same as a Boss intake.

I can see why it took so long for the article to be released lmao. Holleys R&D dropped the ball on this one, IMO.
Customer tested it actually. But his new intake so far is doing just a liiiiittle bit better lol

Last edited:

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
It's just a metal Boss manifold. Has all the same qualities... less torque down low, more hp up top. The CJ manifold is still the better manifold than this metal Boss mani.

Users who are viewing this thread