Stangmode 2020 GT500 vs. Redeye

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
redeye has everything against it, more weight, aero of a brick. only thing pushing it is more power and time out in public hands. we should revisit these threads in 1-2 years when the GT500 is in full swing. When you think about it there arent even any challengers in the 7s (besides a drag pack), when there are coyotes living in the 7s since what 2012? LOL

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
redeye has everything against it, more weight, aero of a brick. only thing pushing it is more power and time out in public hands. we should revisit these threads in 1-2 years when the GT500 is in full swing. When you think about it there arent even any challengers in the 7s (besides a drag pack), when there are coyotes living in the 7s since what 2012? LOL

The gt500 has been in development and progressing since 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
redeye has everything against it, more weight, aero of a brick. only thing pushing it is more power and time out in public hands. we should revisit these threads in 1-2 years when the GT500 is in full swing. When you think about it there aren't even any challengers in the 7s (besides a drag pack), when there are coyotes living in the 7s since what 2012? LOL
Given your logic, and the fact that a Hellcat has indeed been 7's, the GT500 has a LOOOOOONG way to go :)

The Epling Garage Hellcat Challenger is in the 7s!

Stock GT500 is very impressive indeed, and in a drag race with a stock Redeye, its a drivers race (this guy left at least a tenth on the table in 60').
Mod the cars equally (or in favor of the GT500 at this point) and the Redeye is the dominant vehicle.
When GT500s start running consistent low 9s with a pulley/E85 and tires, the field will be leveled.

ALso, if we're gonna start bringing boosted Coyotes in this conversation, I'll just say it. Junkyard LS FTW! LOL.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Given your logic, and the fact that a Hellcat has indeed been 7's, the GT500 has a LOOOOOONG way to go :)

The Epling Garage Hellcat Challenger is in the 7s!

Stock GT500 is very impressive indeed, and in a drag race with a stock Redeye, its a drivers race (this guy left at least a tenth on the table in 60').
Mod the cars equally (or in favor of the GT500 at this point) and the Redeye is the dominant vehicle.
When GT500s start running consistent low 9s with a pulley/E85 and tires, the field will be leveled.

ALso, if we're gonna start bringing boosted Coyotes in this conversation, I'll just say it. Junkyard LS FTW! LOL.
New gt500 is coyote based, the older GT500s are irrelevant really, no auto/dct option till now. Doesnt even use the same chassis or rear suspension. I'm talking about comparing new stuff, 2015 is when the hellcat came out? How many hellcats are in the 8s? How long did it take for a demon to run low 9s? The 2020 gt500 is already in low 9s and it came out what 3 months maybe 4 months ago? Cant beat lighter weight and better aero.
Only a matter of time till they get the dct situated.
How is a junkyard LS relevant, completely different brand not even remotely swapped into the same chassis cars. Coyote, GT500, S550 are still in the same ballpark.
You know the Redeye is winning this bout when the 7 sec 5.0s need to come to the rescue. LOL!
Its more a shot at all challenger cars, thats why i asked how many if any are in the 7s, besides the drag pack.

Last edited:

98SVTContour98

Established Member
GT500 had seats removed, but was on a lesser tire
Redeye had a legit tire, but all the seats

Good race...take seats out of the Blackeye and put a real tire on the GT100 and re-run it

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
GT500 had seats removed, but was on a lesser tire
Redeye had a legit tire, but all the seats

Good race...take seats out of the Blackeye and put a real tire on the GT100 and re-run it

I sub to Stangmode's channel. The guy tells you exactly what he is doing to his cars and takes his wins and losses in stride. He provides good content IMO. He has respect for other cars/brands and the dudes he races seem to like him. His 2018 GT is going to be a beast when he finishes it.

When we're at the point of removing seats, comparing tires, etc. I think it is safe to say that both cars are stout and go really fast. I'll take one of each, please.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
New gt500 is coyote based, the older GT500s are irrelevant really, no auto/dct option till now. Doesnt even use the same chassis or rear suspension. I'm talking about comparing new stuff, 2015 is when the hellcat came out? How many hellcats are in the 8s? How long did it take for a demon to run low 9s? The 2020 gt500 is already in low 9s and it came out what 3 months maybe 4 months ago? Cant beat lighter weight and better aero.
Only a matter of time till they get the dct situated.
How is a junkyard LS relevant, completely different brand not even remotely swapped into the same chassis cars. Coyote, GT500, S550 are still in the same ballpark.

Its more a shot at all challenger cars, thats why i asked how many if any are in the 7s, besides the drag pack.
There are way more hellcats in the 8s than I think anyone here realizes.

What GT500 is running low 9s? Best I have seen was like a 9.4X?

72SBC

Established Member
I sub to Stangmode's channel. The guy tells you exactly what he is doing to his cars and takes his wins and losses in stride. He provides good content IMO. He has respect for other cars/brands and the dudes he races seem to like him. His 2018 GT is going to be a beast when he finishes it.

When we're at the point of removing seats, comparing tires, etc. I think it is safe to say that both cars are stout and go really fast. I'll take one of each, please.

Some sick content bro, real cliffhangers! Can’t wait to see how he makes a 20 min vid on filling up with some gas.
5614777A-DF2E-4AE6-8576-F5D2DE5C1AF2.jpeg

44663418-D70F-421B-800C-0751FC10F3EC.jpeg

People need to stop supporting click bait garbage.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

pwrshft99

Established Member

Kartracer

Established Member

Well if you're going to be all cool about it...

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
evolution's gt500 ran a 9.135 at 154.23mph. Here:

Only a matter of time before someone hits 8s.
Thats impressive, and more along the lines of what they should be doing IMO.
I am curious though, has it done this more than once in the same day? Or was this a hero pass?

Users who are viewing this thread