Start to my turbo project!

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
With all the $$$ you've already invested why not just buy a bigger set of injectors? Great pump #'s btw thru the auto!

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
With all the $$$ you've already invested why not just buy a bigger set of injectors?

Thats exactly how these projects snow ball. LOL I know I did the "Well while I am changing this I should change that" countless times.

I know one thing...ham on hand sandwiches get old after a while. j/k

ruthless

Established Member
well went to the dyno thursday and got a good safe pumpgas tune. 651 on 17lbs, 18degrees timing a/f at 11.3-11.5 and injector duty cycle was at 73% through the TH400. Switched over to e85 and pegged the injectors out at 109%. So needless to say e85 is out of the question until i get new injectors. But for now im going to go back and get a race tune with 110 or something down that line. I just want a 9sec pass. lol

Glad to hear that you got it tuned and got some numbers. That thing is going to fly.

My converter was a little off so we had to pull it and send it out. We should have numbers soon but at the moment its sitting with out a rear end or a trans.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
what was wrong with your converter? Too tight or what? thanks guys im happy with that on pump gas. Like i said i might go ahead and get injectors but im still going to get a 110 tune for now until i get them. Just trying to decide on the 106's or the 160 lb

ruthless

Established Member
what was wrong with your converter? Too tight or what? thanks guys im happy with that on pump gas. Like i said i might go ahead and get injectors but im still going to get a 110 tune for now until i get them. Just trying to decide on the 106's or the 160 lb

It was too loose but they didnt say buy how much. I am sure the shop will get it figured out.

The shop has always told me to pick the smallest injectors that will work for the setup. In other words if you will only run 60s to 80% do not go with 80s or your idle will suffer. I am still on 60s with the 93 pump tune but if I want to go higher I need to step up to 80s.

prostkr

Established Member
The not bigger than you need thing has been busted quite a while ago. ID 1000 or ID 2000 injectors will take you where you want to go. Ford 80s are better and more user friendly than the 60# injectors (come with a better data file). All a person needs is a good value file for the injector. Injector dynamics supplies the data with there injectors and it has proven to work very well in Ford applications. The ID 2000s will idle as good or better than your 60# injectors.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
Is that the name of the injectors? i have 80lb's i might be selling if i decide to go ahead and upgrade injectors but pm a link to them injectors if you dont mind prostkr

ruthless

Established Member
Maybe every tuner just has certain parts they like to work with? All I know is that I am not going to argue with a shop that pulled 747rwhp out of my car.

ez2cyi1

Established Member
I've heard great things about the ID injectors.

And while I know it's a different application, like prostkr said we have ID1600's in a big turbo/TH400 Supra and the car idles and drives around town just fine.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Very nice project man, saved a few of your pictures for reference for my upcoming changes :)

I'm following to see what you end up doing for injectors, that's one of the things I am having a hard time deciding right now.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
thanks man, just hopeing to learn this ams 1000 at the track. But i hope to decide also on what kind of injectors to get right now. Ill keep ya posted

stangaholic280

Established Member
Very nice build! I definitely like the Sullivan intake. I think I'm going to go with that one when I go twins. I personally like it better than the 99-01 Cobra intake.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
Very nice build! I definitely like the Sullivan intake. I think I'm going to go with that one when I go twins. I personally like it better than the 99-01 Cobra intake.

Thanks, yeah everyone has there own opinion on the intakes, either way they both work good, i just wanted sometihing a little different then the 01 intakes. Nice vette BTW

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
love your car. makes me miss my 04 silver metalic, also makes me wonder why i went with another big twin screw and not turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread