Starting to get antsy: driving season edition

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Who here is getting antsy for driving season to begin?

This time of year is tough for those dumb enough to live in Siberia. I know that winter will be over soon but it is a still solid four to six weeks left before I can say for sure.

Snow is forecast every day for the next week.

Good e85 is 2 months away from being available.

Meanwhile I have to stare at my cars with balls as blue as can be.

How to cope?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

This time of year is tough for those dumb enough to live in Siberia. I know that winter will be over soon but it is a still solid four to six weeks left before I can say for sure.

How to cope?
Ive considered huffing paint.

Colorado is like a mental patient when it comes to weather. We get all four seasons in a single day. I have to check the forecast for the next several days before driving the Shelby. Last think I wanna do is test these Toyos in the snow.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member

How to cope?
Snowmobiles are my favorite toy. Awesome power to weight, trail system is fun, and you can get out and see some cool spots. Down side is they're definitely a high high maintainence machine per mile, and very fussy season to use them.

I want to pick up a performance SUV, like an Edge or Explorer sport, and mod it moderately for year round driving fun. Turn the wick up and run a set of snow tires and see what it does. Not as fun as my C6, but should hold me over until roads get better.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Snowmobiles are my favorite toy. Awesome power to weight, trail system is fun, and you can get out and see some cool spots. Down side is they're definitely a high high maintainence machine per mile, and very fussy season to use them.

I want to pick up a performance SUV, like an Edge or Explorer sport, and mod it moderately for year round driving fun. Turn the wick up and run a set of snow tires and see what it does. Not as fun as my C6, but should hold me over until roads get better.

I thought about getting some sleds but the maintenance scares me. I think I may rent a few times next year.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
If you could find a series local to you for winter rallycross then look into buying a cheap FWD manual car and throw some snow tires on it. Enter it into the stock class.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My whole life. I waited to move to Florida. Couldn’t wait.

Tree years later my mustang is still up in cape cod and I could care less about driving anymore. In fact I hate it except at night cruising around with my music and the windows down.

At this point I’d be extremely happy with some White on White Cadillac on ez mode.

Sometimes the mind only wants what it can not have.

Also retiring changed my perspective of what I’m willing to spend my money on. Naples is expensive and I will remain debt free.

But I do feel your pain and like your new car brother.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
We just got 8" of new snow last night and another 2"-3" forecasted for tomorrow night, but as luck would have it, my driving season lasts 365 days a year. ;)

IMG_6799 copy 4.jpeg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My whole life. I waited to move to Florida. Couldn’t wait.

Tree years later my mustang is still up in cape cod and I could care less about driving anymore. In fact I hate it except at night cruising around with my music and the windows down.

At this point I’d be extremely happy with some White on White Cadillac on ez mode.

Sometimes the mind only wants what it can not have.

Also retiring changed my perspective of what I’m willing to spend my money on. Naples is expensive and I will remain debt free.

But I do feel your pain and like your new car brother.

To be fair, FL doesn't have a lot of great roads for a fun drive. Same with coastal SC. That's why I enjoy taking a fun car through WV every chance I get. What color is your 14?

Pollen has kept me from getting the nice cars out for the last month. I hate having to clean that stuff off.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
To be fair, FL doesn't have a lot of great roads for a fun drive. Same with coastal SC. That's why I enjoy taking a fun car through WV every chance I get. What color is your 14?

Pollen has kept me from getting the nice cars out for the last month. I hate having to clean that stuff off.
Id imagine a decent ceramic coat would ease the pain.

robvas

Established Member
Still snowing, not 50 degrees here yet. Need to shit or get off the pot when it comes to figuring out wheels/tires this year

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

You’re not entirely wong. If you get out of the congestion Florida has some great back roads heading towards the center of the state but of course no twisties No mountains none of that. It’s either beach cruising in traffic or go to the swamps.

My girl is White with blue stripes. 14 with all options except the glass roof and navigation.

38005504-F228-4951-8996-A5EA979D16C2.jpeg

I have a dodge challenger scatpack as my one and only here in Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread