Steeda Front Splitter on its way!!!

SpectorV

Established Member
hmm its not as bad as I thought it would look but its just not for me~ and it will be to low on a lowered car to drive it much of anywhere and keep it scratch free for very long.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LOVE IT!
IMO it just doesnt fit right, its so much lower than the side skirts/rear bumper...maybe I'm just way to conservative, I dunno :shrug:
cobra R is exactly the same way, more exagerated actually because of the style of side skirts. always annoyed the hell out of me...

2000cobrar.jpg

and whoever thought it was a good idea to put FR500s on an R needs a backhand to the face

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
In for the pics of it getting ripped off on the highway.

No way would I put that on a frequently street driven vehicle.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Maybe it's me but it looks Riced out, let that one stay on the Cobra R, it's your car though as long as you are happy with it. :shrug:

SVT GT

Established Member
I had one on my car and did a lot of bracing to the lip. When I was driving over speed bumps, certain driveways and parking lots had to drive real slow. Working on the engine is a pita with it on .... you are always kicking the damn lip by accident. Alignment / Garages would not take it in and do work on it because of the lip. Imo it pretty much acts like an air dam more than anything else and your cooler needs air flow. Also the only way to pull it off is if you had the Steeda race wing (which I had until I was in a different car following my car home) or the Cobra R wing...but style is in the beholder. As you might have guessed it I removed them years ago.
You said you are going to do something with it? I would love to see it also after you are done. Good luck with it! I hope it comes out well.

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
the splitter came in a couple of days ago... it should be heading to the paint shop sometime this week; hopefully!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Wish I knew you were looking for one, because I have one I would sell. It is painted torch red, I think, or the Cobra R red (maybe it's the same?).

black 10th vert

Established Member
The R's were Performance red, just a FYI.

Yeah, I'm just not sure which this thing is painted, since it was made to fit the Terminator, I figured it might be the Torch red. My car is black, so I have only fit it onto my bumper, but never driven with it because of the color thing. It fits the stock bumper precisely, though, and you don't even need to remove the stock lip - it just snaps into place. It doesn't even really need any screws, but I would put them in the wheelwells for security at high speeds anyway, and maybe rig a center brace somehow from underneath for extra stability.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
update with pics?.....

just dropped the ride/splitter off at the shop... projecting pick-up sometime late this week; i will wash it and pics/vids of my new splitter will be posted for everyone's enjoyment! :beer:

Wish I knew you were looking for one, because I have one I would sell. It is painted torch red, I think, or the Cobra R red (maybe it's the same?).

appreciate the heads-up but i tend to purchase all of my goodies "new." :thumbsup:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
I expect a PM announcing that pictures are up. :D

certainly.

btw - i uploaded a short clip on the splitter on youtube... check it out prior to the installation this weekend! :beer:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l_BxoygKtM"]YouTube - Steeda Front Splitter 03-04 Cobra.AVI[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread