Steeda IRS bushing supports

tj@steeda

Established Member
Plenty of reviews on the Website, Facebook & MustangG6:

TRACKS LIKE A GO KART NOW
On my previously stock GT non-PP i had a odd sensation while cornering that could best be described as a "rubber-band" feeling. I believe it was compliance of the subframe bushings. It was unnerving. Felt like the start of the tires breaking loose - but it wasn't.

I installed the Steeda rear IRS bushing support kit and the IRS braces and the sensation went away. Much improved cornering afterward. I was inspired by the improvement so I added the Steeda springs and swaybars. Tracks like a go kart now.

STILL LOVE IT
I've owned a base ecoboost and now I own a performance pack ecoboost. I have steeda irs frame stiffeners and the front g-trac bar. I had them installed on both cars and the pp car vs the base is a WORLD apart on the way it handles. Yes the ride isn't as soft as the base but it doesn't bug me, I still drive the car daily and still love it. I have the steeda jacking rails on the way and after that it will be one of the suspension kits next. I want the car to handle on rails. It's just the way I feel about it. Hope this helps

ONE OF THE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENTS TO THE HANDLING OF THE CAR
One of the biggest improvements to the handling of the car is definitely the Steeda goodies all thanks to David here on the forum. He helped me so much picking out everything I should upgrade for all of the suspension parts to make this a great daily driver but also be able to take turns comfortably at high speeds and put the power to the ground.

One of the first Steeda upgrades Slammered threw on for me was the Front/Rear Sway Bars and the IRS Support Brace and damn did it make a pretty damn noticeable difference in turning. No I don't track this car as of right now but the closest I get to taking turns and curves is off ramps from the highways and I've done decent speeds coming through those turns. The sway bars help keep the car planted and definitely boost the handling capability that the IRS already provides. I also installed the billet mounts and they look damn good with the blue sway bars and definitely are top notch quality over the stock mounts from Ford.

Wheel hop has been one of the most notorious things the S550 platform has encountered with the new IRS system. Wheel hop is a "No no" and Steeda's IRS bushings are definitely the first step to knock out way more than 50% of the notorious wheel hop. When taking the bushing out of the box and taking a peek at my new goodies, I was amazed of the quality that is put into the manufacturing of the parts Steeda offers. IRS Bushing from Steeda is a must if you're looking to eliminate more the 50% of the wheel hop. It's great quality and definitely helps put the power to ground. When hitting it and shifting from 2nd to 3rd it's a whole new feel and it just takes off.

THIS IS THE WAY THE CAR SHOULD BE WITH THE PP
Since I was going to have the car up on jack stands in my driveway, I figured I'd do just about everything at once. Installed the Steeda IRS subframe bushing supports, alignment inserts, differential bushing supports(black), transmission bushing insert, and the Steeda shifter base bushing bracket along with the FR touring cat back. I had to have the upgraded bushing in the knuckle done at the Ford dealer.
The bounce is gone! This is the way the car should be with the PP.

WHAT AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE
Installed the Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Bushings, and Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support this weekend. What an amazing difference, and not too difficult of an install. I definitely recommend anyone that is thinking about these to knock them out at the same time.
DAVID T.
The bushing support system is a great start to improving the IRS suspension. The rear end feels a little bit more stable and there is no increase in NVH as stated by Steeda. Wheel hop has diminished when compared to stock and made a big difference. When starting from a stop hard the car use to get bad wheel hop that was violent, it felt like something would surely break. Now with the bushing support system I do not get the violent wheel hop. I definitely recommend as an upgrade to the S550 Mustangs. Great job Steeda!

DAVID
I installed this a few days ago and the rear end feels a little bit more stable and it has helped reduce wheel hop. This is definitely worth the purchase! I will be adding more Steeda parts to my car soon.
- See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-m...rt-system-2015-555-4437/#sthash.sf9kcOjf.dpuf

Happy to help answer any questions you may have or provide forum pricing - you can email me at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

Jay-rod427

Established Member
I installed the Steeda subframe supports, and diff supports last weekend. On the street they eliminated 90% of the wheel hop. Just a couple tiny chirps now instead of the violent wheel hop. Need a few more items to eliminate it completely when on a drag strip really thrashing on it. So yes Imo they are worth it. Relatively little money to help a Ford shortcoming.

Jay-rod427

Established Member
FWIW I got a best this last weekend of 1.93 60'. First track passes ever with this car. 6mt, and 3.73 make it really hard to keep wheel hop under control, and consistent launch.

tj@steeda

Established Member
Well ... the people have spoken!

Happy to help ... by the way ... our Memorial Day Sale is going on right now, 10% instant savings!

Best Regards,

TJ

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I was wondering if steeda makes their own handling pack for the 15-17 mustangs. With irs there are alot more pieces that need upgrades and it would be nice if they provided a complete set that transforms your cars handleing.

Jay-rod427

Established Member
I was wondering if steeda makes their own handling pack for the 15-17 mustangs. With irs there are alot more pieces that need upgrades and it would be nice if they provided a complete set that transforms your cars handleing.

Check their website. They have several different "stages" of suspension packages.

Users who are viewing this thread