Steeda quad/adj/cable installed.

Silver 03 Cobra

I installed the Steeda stuff this week. Ever since I put in the new D&D TOB and their revised retainer my car has been hard to get in first and reverse especially when the car is hot. It made a world of difference. I wished I hadn't waited. The only thing I didn't like was the quadrant has room to slide on the pins on the clutch pedal. I used washers to space it out.

If your car has the same symptons, this will clear it up. But, I think you need to get the adjuster and adjustable cable. I don't think replacing just the quadrant will improve the clutch performance.

The stuff is good quality and the install was not too bad.

RGrossman

Established Member
Does D & D sell a T/O bearing that is better quality then stock or even the Centerforce one? Also, does D & D sell the new throwout bearing retainer?

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
I use the Maximum Motorsports quadrant and adjuster. Works just as well and you don't need a new cable. You might also want to look into their clutch pedal adjuster, very nice for $20 :thumbsup:

TargeT

Established Member
stock cable works perfectly

I went with upr quadrant, because its like 10000x cheaper, and steeda is all about the bling :p

Silver 03 Cobra

The stock cable may work if you don't have any clutch problems. The cable doesn't cost but $30 and is easy to install. My stock parts worked fine until I really beat on my car at the track before I had my first retainer installed and then it started getting worse. When I got the second retainer, it was really bad. At least you have the flexibility to adjust it if you need it.

I found out about the D&D TOB and their retainer from Matt at SVT. When mine broke for the second time I called SVT and complained about it. He told me that this was the best you could buy and that they had been recommending it to other 03 owners.

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Based on posts here, the Steeda set seems to be the best quality and most popular. Bling isn't even a factor with this one. :)

KDog

Established Member
Click here for details

555-7026-450.jpg

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Steeda shouldnt be charging for that, it should be included. BTW, I would much rather spend 60 cents on a few washers instead of 5 bucks, plus shipping.

KDog

Established Member
I agree on including it...just throwing it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread