Steeda Triax

Mike Foster

Jusr bolted in a Triax and M.G.W. Question is why did I have to turn the shifter around to where the logo was turned toward the dash instead of toard the console where you can read it? If I left it with the logo towaed the console I couldnt back the shift bolt back far enough to get the trans in 1st,3rd or 5th. Whats up with that? Dont care about the logo, just doesnt make sense. Nothing in the directions about which way to turn the shifter. Any comments?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Hey don't feel bad. Mine had to be put on the same way. It was well worth it. Don't you love the shifting? I put mine on the shortest handle setting.

Mike Foster

I love the improved shift but not excited about trans noise, I guess it is normal? Did you mean your shifter had to be turned around too?Did you do any thing to minimize trans noise?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I did the same as you. When I first installed it, the writing was towards me, but then I couldn't put it into some gears. So I tried it the other way and it worked. I wish they would explain this in the directions because once you put the gasket maker it makes a mess to remove and turn around. As far as the noise I like it. I had one on my old t-45 and I got used to it. Now that I installed a T-56 I had to get one. That T-56 doesn't shift worth crap without it. The shifter made all the difference in the world. You could re-install the rubber boot which the directions say to discard. This would help but it would give the shifter a less connected feel.

2kbill

Established Member
I used a nice bead of RTV, installed shifter w/writing forward, re-installed stock rubber boot, MGW shifter w/rubber spacer. Noise isn't too bad. Tri-ax's directions suck. Performance on the other hand, is great.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread