Steeda's ST shifter...

Mika

Established Member
MGW shifters are around $400 for the 5.0. So $190 doesn't seem too bad for me for a shifter. Apples and oranges comparison I know. ;)

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
I have it but have not installed it yet. I have read that it works great. I plan on installing it tomorrow so more to come.

tj@steeda

Established Member
We have many satisfied customers ... but in this case ... I will let Vadei2 speak to it.

Let me know if I can help assist with anything further?

Best Regards,

TJ

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Holy crap! $400 bucks for the MGW for the 5.0? I just bought one for my Camaro SS for $220 and thought that was high!

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Sorry guys my bracket didn't come in on Saturday so I have to postpone the install until Friday at the latest. I also was debating on installing the JB racing oil catch can kit.

Ordie

Established Member
bracket shortens the shift more than the shifter does.

I've done the shifter and bracket @ around 600 miles on the car.

It is a pain in the ass to install but its worth it.

Honestly I think if I knew then what I know now. I would have done the JBR Bushings as well.

Solid Shifter Bushings Focus ST 2013+ [FOCI-ST-SSB] - $25.00 : James Barone Racing, Custom Fabrication

since you basically have to take the console apart to install the bushings it will make it easier to install the complete shifter. Do it all at once.

Last edited:

2004Droptop

Established Member
bracket shortens the shift more than the shifter does.

I've done the shifter and bracket @ around 600 miles on the car.

It is a pain in the ass to install but its worth it.

Honestly I think if I knew then what I know now. I would have done the JBR Bushings as well.

Solid Shifter Bushings Focus ST 2013+ [FOCI-ST-SSB] - $25.00 : James Barone Racing, Custom Fabrication

since you basically have to take the console apart to install the bushings it will make it easier to install the complete shifter. Do it all at once.

Good to know... I read the instructions and looks like a pain. So the shifter is maybe not worth it but just put in the bracket? I understand the bracket shortens the throw but what the gain for the 100$ handle? height? bushings are worth it to tighten things up... makes sense. Thanks! :beer:

Ordie

Established Member
Good to know... I read the instructions and looks like a pain. So the shifter is maybe not worth it but just put in the bracket? I understand the bracket shortens the throw but what the gain for the 100$ handle? height? bushings are worth it to tighten things up... makes sense. Thanks! :beer:

The shifter shortens the throw up even more, there are 3 positions but the bracket does the most of it.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2 and my fingers.

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Installed the shifter today and the bracket. Install was a pain not difficult but was a pain. Is it worth it? Yes in my opinion the throw is shorter and worth it to me personally. I placed it on the middle setting and I'm very happy with it. Install took me about 2hrs but that's because I kept dropping things and had to go fishing for them.

Zhart

Established Member
Thanks for the input about the shifter, I think this mod is on the radar for me.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Was the height of the shifter changed? I hear people complaining that if you go with an aftermarket shift knob its ridiculously tall with the factory handle.

Users who are viewing this thread