steg/stage 5 complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
Well fellas this is going to be some what of a long read so I apologize ahead of time. My reason for staring this thread is to inform the mustang community of and an issue I have had because i would want no one to go through what i have. I bought my car about two years ago and joined this site and learned a great deal very quickly about these cars. I was looking to get some more power out of the car without spending a ton so i decided to have steg port my blower with the stage five+. After buying the car and speaking with the great group of guys at performance auto i decided it would be a good idea to do a base run on dyno to check tune and number before hand. Car ended up making 480 rwhp and 450 rwtq on the setup before the ported blower was installed. The only thing i changed on setup was going to 4lb lower, sct maf and bigger injectors. After being excited like it was my first xmas waiting for the blower I installed everything and had it towed 50 miles to performance auto sport. I get a call at the end of the day from mark at performance auto saying my car lost 30rwhp. This is the first time i have ever had a car dyno'd or tuned so all this was very new too me. Mark had ten hours in the car the first day in checking and tuning car. I was very suprised i was not billed for all the extra time so i told mark too keep the car and take his time. Well in between the next two days he had another 15 hours in car which i was never billed for because this was a business owner who was sticking to what I was quoted and just wanted it to be right. We tried different tunes and started the never ending search. Thanks so much to guys at PAS for having such great customer service(these places just don't exist anymore,much respect). I decided to pick car up and give bob a call and was given a list of things to check which all were fine. The list included checking for clutch slippage(which i went ahead and replaced with a brand new clutch and flywheel, car 27k on stock one), throttle opening all the way which it was, clogged converters(there are none on the car), broken mufflers?, had a in the fender jlt intake and was told i needed one that sat under hood with big filter(so i bought another one), check intercooler pump(replaced it with new one), coil packs?(all 8 replaced with oem coils), spark plugs(replaced with ngk's again), compression and leak test's were performed( they were perfectly ok), so lastly i was told if all that was fine it was in the tune. So another 100 mile trip to drop off at PAS to be re-tuned which I hayted to bother them with but i told them I would pay them whatever it took time was to get tune straight. They tried tunes even from ported cars that we knew made power and made no difference. So we e-mailed tunes to sct and were told they were fine. For god sakes they even had someone come in and check dyno which of course was fine. So the next phone call to steg, I was still being very polite at this point. I couldn't believe what i was hearing. I was being yelled and cussed at like i was his kid or something. I actually had to calm him down and just ask for a stock blower and was refused that offer as well. I explained too him how much time everyone i put into the car and how i was very lucky i owned several shops so working on it wasn't a problem and again thank god too the honest guys at PAS for going above & beyond.So i was fed up and gave up on the car after getting nothing done about the situation with the port. So really gave someone 1500 for a job that made me lose power. I finally decided to start calling some others about 2 month's ago and got hooked up with Brian from Posi Performance who was a huge help. We decided the best thing to do was remove blower and intercooler to look inside. Keep in mind i have not spent one dime with Posi and he helped me with his competitors product. I knew him through no one and here he was spending hours on phone and computer trying to solve. Big thanks brian ! I removed the blower today and found out where all my power was at(see pics below). Torque plate welds broken, huge chunk missing from torque plate and stress cracks everywhere with only one weld holding plate on. Rest of welds burnt though plate and didn't even connect it too blower. So i made another phone call too steg today around 4pm saying i wanted a call back today with some money back(talked too john). Well guess what, never heard back so here i am. Blower will be shipped out tommorow too Posi performance for the raceport, dragon and lower intake as well. Will post pics of both dyno's and tunes and final numbers. Thanks again to mark and the bunch at PAS and Brian at Posi performance and can't wait too get the car right. sorry for the long read i just wanted everyone to be aware of the way i was treated to save them some money and headache hopefully. Also, thanks to all the staff at SVTP for the great site!!!!!!!!
DSC_0062-5.jpg

DSC_0061-6.jpg

DSC_0063-5.jpg

DSC_0064-4.jpg

DSC_0066-5.jpg

DSC_0068-5.jpg

DSC_0067-5.jpg

DSC_0065-4.jpg

DSC_0069-7.jpg

DSC_0064-4.jpg

DSC_0065-4.jpg

KILRSVT

Established Member
dang that is one of the longest threads ever...lol. good thing you know some good people....PAS and brian really came through for you...I cant believe the people from steigmier yelled at you..what kind of service is that? Posi is the man for ported blowers around here was gonna get a port from him before i came up on my TS....good luck hopefully everything turns out well.

Last edited:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
WOW!!!

I don't know what else to say about this... I mean from the pics its pretty obvious that the Steg guys didn't come through with there promise. Someone got lazy, or just rushed it. That needs to be settled, and Steg should compensate you for this.

Brian, you are a stand up guy, and you deserve every good thing that comes your way! Helping out a fellow SVT guy with a competitors product is not something you have to do, and honestly you shouldn't of had to. But it's a good thing you did before it went down any further! That chuck could have caused a lot of damage to the blower, and who knows what else!!!

OP, Enjoy your port from POSI, there is nothing better when it come to customer service as you have noticed I am sure. The power you are going to see will make it well worth it, its just to bad you had to get to POSI in this manner!!!

Good luck, best wishes!!!

Mystic03

Established Member
wow sorry for your loss i was just about to purchase a steig ported blower but after seeing this i definetly dont want to go threw the issues you did especially with their costumer service thank you for the heads up as for posi ive heard nothing but good things and great gains with his blower ports ill be talking to him soon about my port good luck with the blower keep us updated! :thumbsup:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
first off, that is freagin disgusting looking and someone had ought to make things right

secondly...go back to the original post and break that up to 5 paragraphs or so, it would really help the reader :cryying:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Not trying to down play anything the OP has been through. Only he knows how he felt on the phone and throughout this ordeal. However, I think we have to be VERY careful jumping the gun when only ONE side of the story has been told. Again, not that what the OP said isn't the case, but reality is no one else was there to see/hear how everything went down. There's usually three sides to a story; the two parties involved side's and the truth somewhere in between. I can tell you that any and everytime I've called Stiegemeier no matter who answered the phone I got GREAT customer service. I've always got all my questions answered even after I had my blower back and no more money was being transfered. They even gave me a military discount on my port!

Brian's a good guy too as he was out here and helped me and a few guys from MACA push my car up on the trailer after I burned my clutch up at the Terminator Shootout in 2008:bash:. So as you see I have nothing bad to say about him and I don't get paid to endorse either vendor. I'm just saying we're all innocent until proven guilty and each person has the right to have their side of the story told before we prosecute them.

OP, in the end I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through with your car. Hopefully all will be well and you'll be driving a monsta shortly. If something was done wrong whether intentional or unintentional by Stieg I hope they stand up and make it right with you. No one's perfect and we all make mistakes, how we correct/address them is what makes better in the end. Just my thoughts!

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Bro, You have spent a fortune on this car over the past weeks. That sucks that you have had problems with a respected vendor on this board. Those welds look horrible and you definitely should be refunded something. Brian, once again you came through and thats you get so many referrals. Sorry for your troubles bro, thats blower is gonna scream once Brian finishes it.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
couldn't agree more that we all aren't perfect and make mistakes, well said. i had even said the same thing to john today when i called again. as a business owner when u rely on and employee to do something sometimes it doesn't turn out right and as a business owner u need too make it right. They were given 4 different calls to make right over the course of this whole thing and still nothing done. I am not asking for anything from them and don't really want anything but for everyone to be informed on what there hard earned money goes too. Iam not perfect either.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Wow man that sucks, hopefully you get compensated from Steggy. Thats a nice little chunk off that plate, that could have cost you more than 30rwhp... and a trip to Posi!

Digital

Established Member
This isnt the first time a stg 5 plate has broken off.
This isnt the first time someone has been verbally abused by stieg over the phone without provication.
This isnt the first time someone has had an issue with a stieg port and this exact same scenario has played out
Will it be the last?

I'm going to state now in the open that this post is my opinion based upon the situation that the op described and has as much right to be said as everyone before me.

yellowgt02

Established Member
Wow, that sucks!

+14975975394 on Posi.

I cant believe that Bob yelled at you on the phone. Where is the customer service? LOL....a broken muffler? C'mon!!

Hope this thread sticks around

-Jason

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
that really sucks... I would be in someones doorway with their product if it had happened to me.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
This isnt the first time a stg 5 plate has broken off.
This isnt the first time someone has been verbally abused by stieg over the phone without provication.
This isnt the first time someone has had an issue with a stieg port and this exact same scenario has played out
Will it be the last?

I'm going to state now in the open that this post is my opinion based upon the situation that the op described and has as much right to be said as everyone before me.

Vendor or not this deserves a response... The whole vendor issue is ridiculous I dont understand why customers cannot have an opinion on a situation that occurs during a transaction. I mean if they screw enough people they should be banned as well... I for one have a steggy stage 4 and have never had an issue with them when i have called there so this is kinda a shocker to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread