steg/stage 5 complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKFIRE

Established Member
This is his revised stage 5 as he has had a ton of issues with the 1st gen that has the thin sheet material.

I went through the exact same issue with mine. It was installed on the car just 2 months prior to me buying it. I think the owner was a bit miffed with the low dyno numbers (480ish) and having to deal with Stieg on the back end. I added a welded Dragon, 4lb lower, BAP, along with several other items. Off to the dyno....489 was the best we could muster up with 10 pulls and tons of tweeking. I got tired of the 11.4's and felt that the car just didn't run right. I picked up a well used Stage 4 here on the boards and sen tit off to Brian for his Race Port. Upon install of the Posi ported blower I found all the same problems with my torque plate. Basically only 1 weld stil 1/2 holding it on. I was like WTF?? :mj:

Bolted on the "new" blower, fired it up and WOW, it was like a whole new car, The car reved smother, sounded better, Idled better, pulled like a freight train.....Wham. I was very happy but also though, Son of a bitch this Stage 5 blower doesn't even had 1000 miles on it. I took it back to the same tuner (very good tuner BTW. He tune Jakes car which is the fastes Eaton car in the country) and gave it another whack. I didn't realize that slicks were bad for the Dyno #'s and Pete informed me that I will see low #'s because of it but he would get my a/f spot on for me. 1st pull and I was amazed. + 38 RWHP and the torque was up even more. All with full slicks! Took no time to get the tune just right. He was amazed and said that I could add 15-20++ to both #'s if I showed up with street radials. I was very pleased. The seat of the pants dyno was telling me it was going to see better times and an 11.01 confirmed it. My Goal of 10's was missed this past season as we just ran out of time along with the Terminator Shootout being canceled due to weather.

I did send the blowere back to Stieg and he updated it for me but I wasn't happy with his attitude :bash: and he made me pay shipping both ways. IMO Brian is the ONLY porter I would use HANDS DOWN! :beer:

I should be ok with the revised plate right?

f2hatch

Established Member
Sorry to hear it that blower looks like a piece of junk no offense. I'm sure you will make great numbers when posi is done with it. What made you choose to go with a steig and not a posi right from the start?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Sorry to hear it that blower looks like a piece of junk no offense. I'm sure you will make great numbers when posi is done with it. What made you choose to go with a steig and not a posi right from the start?
Steigemeier has served the 03/04' Cobra community very well over the past 6+/- years. Their port jobs have been the standard of the industry until Posi has recently provided an excellent alternative and some much needed competition.

The Stage V was an attempt to improve upon an excellent Stage IV design and the primary goal of the V, to my knowledge, was consistent acheivement of 500 RWHP with an upper pulley only setup, ie: lower boost levels. Whether this goal was consistently achieved or not is up for debate, but reality appears to indicate that the Stage IV has been the high water mark of the Steigemeier offerings insofar as overall performance and workmanship is concerned.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
what a trip... i didnt care for steg's attitude back in the day when i wasted the money to get them to port my blower, and wasnt impressed with the power too- went ts less than a month later

Mystic03

Established Member
what a trip... i didnt care for steg's attitude back in the day when i wasted the money to get them to port my blower, and wasnt impressed with the power too- went ts less than a month later

still have that blower ill gladly take it off your hands and send to posi as im in need for a port! :beer:

dynobobstieg

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/640039-great-customer-service.html

I believe the above link shows Stiegemeier Porting's dedication to customer service. The supercharger in question was ported by us over a year and a half ago and is a very early Stage 5. The OP has been offered a full repair and update to our current Stage 5 configuration along with shipping both ways which he declined. We also offered to send out a new Stage 5+ in exchange for his older design and he declined. We stand behind our products 100% and strive for customer satisfaction. If anyone has questions or concerns please feel free to call me or PM me and I will answer you personally.

Thank you,

Robert D. Stiegemeier

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/640039-great-customer-service.html

I believe the above link shows Stiegemeier Porting's dedication to customer service. The supercharger in question was ported by us over a year and a half ago and is a very early Stage 5. The OP has been offered a full repair and update to our current Stage 5 configuration along with shipping both ways which he declined. We also offered to send out a new Stage 5+ in exchange for his older design and he declined. We stand behind our products 100% and strive for customer satisfaction. If anyone has questions or concerns please feel free to call me or PM me and I will answer you personally.

Thank you,

Robert D. Stiegemeier

There it is guys. The "other" side of the story. Thanks Bob. :rockon:

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
i just called john yesterday and gave you an deadline to make it right again for the fourth time and explained i wasn't gonna post anything if u let me know by 6pm last nite. last time i will reply in thread but i think we all know what is really going here.

AC Mech

Established Member
^^^ A vendor who does not get rude on the phone:shrug: I have no idea of what the op's phone conversation with Mr. Stieg was like, but I will tell you he was less than professional with me. Mr. Stieg terminated our conversation by hanging up on me as I was trying to ask some questions about my dyno results.

I told him right up front that I was happy with my stage IV port (and still am three years later), but he became aggitated and things went downhill quickly. It's ashame because he has delivered a great bang for your buck product for many years. I hope that the op and Mr. Stieg can get this resolved.

mustangtw

Established Member
The only thing I am unsure about is the time period of all this. Steg says blower is a year and a half old, but the post from the op sounds current? I'm a bit confused. When did all this actually happen?

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
so he states his side its automatically the right side? why because he is a vendor? no bashing...just a question...

+1 on that.

What about the response for "great" customer service over the phone?

Either way a tq. plate recall could be bigger than Toyota's recent recall!!! :banana:

black 10th vert

Established Member
The only thing I am unsure about is the time period of all this. Steg says blower is a year and a half old, but the post from the op sounds current? I'm a bit confused. When did all this actually happen?

I would like clarification on this too. The only thing that makes sense, is if the op bought the blower, and waited a year to install it, or if he bought it second hand.

I'm very worried about this whole situation after reading this thread, because I have a stage 5 on my car, and when I installed it, the small weld near the opening appeared to have a very slight stress crack, but the plate didn't have any flex to it, so I figured it would be fine, and that the slight crack was just shrinkage from when it was welded. Now I feel like I really should pull the damn thing off again, and just cut that stupid plate right out of it!:fm::cuss: Will it still work like a stage 4 without the "torque plate"? Just wondering if that was the only thing that makes it a stage 5...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread