Sticky for newbies?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Would it be possible to get a sticky together for the newbies (like me)? I'm toying with the idea of going in 2022 as it's a little late for me to work out the logistics this year. Plus if I do go I want to bring my car which means towing it. Which means finding a place to park my truck and trailer.

So maybe something about the good areas to stay depending on how far you're willing to drive to get to the event? Or even Air BnB suggestions as that's what I was thinking of doing? Along with any advice overall.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not a bad idea, actually. Like an FAQs sticky. Bear in mind, though, that the info and recommendations will likely change year to year depending on the dates. This happened this year with the drifting/autocross plans due to not being able to find a venue for them with the calendar change to September.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Here is a monster list of official and unofficial events. They will change every year.

I stay in Surfside which is 10 mins South of Dirty Myrtle. I see a lot of cars in parking lots in this area so I’m not the only one. I like Surfside as it is quieter than actual MB area. If you want the busyness you can take a 10-15 minute ride to the MB Strip. It is about 20-30 minute ride to Broadway (a lot of meets and events happen here)

Depending on if you rent a house, you may be able to store your trailer on site. There are a few trailer storage places near by. They are not really cheap though ($40 a day at some).

3821D199-8F7C-4724-84D7-26B0DF2C41F0.jpeg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Guess this means you may be driving through El Paso in 2022???

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That is a possibility. Still trying to see how I can manage all this. At least I have the towing part worked out.

I figured things change year to year. But I was assuming places to stay would remain fairly similar year to year. My biggest thing really is the parking. I don't want to have to worry about my truck and trailer while off having fun.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That is a possibility. Still trying to see how I can manage all this. At least I have the towing part worked out.

I figured things change year to year. But I was assuming places to stay would remain fairly similar year to year. My biggest thing really is the parking. I don't want to have to worry about my truck and trailer while off having fun.
Yep, that was exactly my issue when I first went to San Diego. Then you stepped up and helped me. Was the start of a great friendship brother!

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
So I rented an air bnb in surfside. I talked to the owner of the house and they said I can park my truck and trailer on the side of the house if need be. As of right now it looks like the wife and I will be there from the 23rd to the 31st.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You'll have a nice 9 day stay, and catch the full Mustang Week 2022. This last MW at Myrtle Beach should be a good one. Bitter sweet for the attendees. I know the details are still being worked out, but I'll bet they're planning on a few special activities. 21 years!

1slow4vGT

Established Member
This year will be my 3rd time going and I'll be there from the 23rd to the 31st. My wife and I went last year and had a blast. Last went in 2015 or 16...I don't remember. I stayed plastered most of the week. lol. I'm tossing around the idea of putting together an official after hours meet up at a place some buddies and myself would stop at most every night after all the big stuff went down.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Despite everything going on the wife and I are still planning on making the trip. We just might not get to eat at all the fancy places because of the current price of diesel.

And I'll be bringing in some E85 since it seems MB doesn't like the corn.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Despite everything going on the wife and I are still planning on making the trip. We just might not get to eat at all the fancy places because of the current price of diesel.

So you're coming from Cali???

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You been to the Knotts Berry Farm annual? Hell they got a better turn out of cars than Mustang Week.
I've been doing Fab Fords since 2005.

I'm sure I'll have a good time. The wife and I are making a road trip out of it. Plus I'll get to put faces to names of people I've been talking to for a long time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

We lost our last E85 station years ago. We have plenty of places to buy rec fuel though.

Users who are viewing this thread