stiegemeier Porting

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Looking for people who had porting work their and their opinions, thinking about a port job next year.

I have the Stage 6 port. I'm impressed with the way it pulls on a 2.76 upper only, compared to a stock Eaton with a 2.76. Has a substantially louder scream in the summer too, compared to stock Eaton with a 2.76. Major power improvement and pulls so much stronger than before.

I have about 30k on my stage 6. Trouble free and I'm anxious to see what it can do in the future with a 2lb lower.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Looking for people who had porting work their and their opinions, thinking about a port job next year.

Had the stage I, III, and IV on my car. It got faster every time. They had a winter sale every year that had a special on upgrades.

Rambro

Established Member
Had the stage I, III, and IV on my car. It got faster every time. They had a winter sale every year that had a special on upgrades.

Do you have any dyno or track times to back that up or was it a seat of the pants improvement? I'm asking because I have a used stage 4 that I'm going to have refreshed and was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade to a stage 6.

weaselp1

Established Member
i bought my cobra with a stage 5 port so i dont have anything to compare it to...but 491 RWHP is very nice :) for now...lol

Anabolic

Banned
I have no experience. But just by the way they consult their business, being a business man I believe they do pristine as-well as take pride in their work.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Do you have any dyno or track times to back that up or was it a seat of the pants improvement? I'm asking because I have a used stage 4 that I'm going to have refreshed and was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade to a stage 6.

It dynoed 465/485 with the stage one package from Apten with a 2.80" upper and Steeda catback, but the flash tune was rich. It was retuned on the dyno by the owner of Apten at 490/490.

Herman street tuned the stage III upgrade along with 4# lower, 60# injectors, BAP, ported/welded plenum, ported TB, MRT-H and SCT 2600 MAF. They estimated 525+ HP and TQ. It ran consistent 11.70s.

The stage IV port, with all else being the same but JBA shorties, brought me to the 11.50s consistently. I granny shift and use MT Street Radials and never saw a faster 60' then 1.7x with that setup. I would slip the clutch off the line around 3-3.5k rpm.

HTH - :)

Last edited:

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Couldn't tell you what it feels like but a friend of mine with a stage 5, 2.76 upper and longtubes makes 514 rwhp. Not bad.

cobra610

Established Member
Dont do it i had a stage four that he left metal shavings in with no help from him at all I know everyone has their opinion and this is just mines find a used posi port and you won't be dissapointed

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
So how did you go about getting this fixed?

Dont do it i had a stage four that he left metal shavings in with no help from him at all I know everyone has their opinion and this is just mines find a used posi port and you won't be dissapointed

cobra_80

MOTORBOATER
Established Member
I have a steggy black plaque on the top of the sc. Just with i knew what stage it is. I currently have 470whp with pully, longtubes, full exhaust, port, bbk cai. and tune. Car pulls hard but really have nothing to compare to.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I have a steggy black plaque on the top of the sc. Just with i knew what stage it is.

Look at the stamped # at the base of the SC in the front (I think it is on the left). Call them with the number and they can give you the stage and service history.

cobra610

Established Member
sent it to magasin in California and they charge me $750 .

Last edited:

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
if you wanna make more power later.. don't waste your time.. I have a stage 5 and regret getting it done.. not because the lack of power , but because the limit of power the blower can make.. My 2 cents.. save up and buy a whipple or TVS...

if you wanna make more power later.. don't waste your time.. I have a stage 5 and regret getting it done.. not because the lack of power , but because the limit of power the blower can make.. My 2 cents.. save up and buy a whipple or TVS...

Comparing a ported Eaton with a t/s is just silly. And the price difference is quite significant for some. And that's not even considering the fuel system upgrade that's required with a t/s.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Had a stage 3 years ago from them. Stock lower, 2.8 upper, magnaflow exhaust, k&n intake, stock plenum, tb, and manifolds. Made 493hp, 501tq, went 11.5@122, added 2# lower and went 11.4@124 full weight (3980#)IRS. Seriously for the little money you can spend to go mid to low 11's a port is worth it.

Last edited:

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
Comparing a ported Eaton with a t/s is just silly. And the price difference is quite significant for some. And that's not even considering the fuel system upgrade that's required with a t/s.
If your running a ported blower with a 2.76 upper your going to be maxing out the maf and getting very close to maxing out the pumps and 39lbs injectors... yes a TVS is more expensive.. but as stated before, depending on what you think you want to be horsepower wise, if going higher than 550... just skip the ported blower... wish I would have...

Users who are viewing this thread