Stieggy Stage 3..with a twist..:-)

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member

Literally took me 3 hours to do this crap and it still needs some minor touch up on some of the fins...took my time taped everything.I sanded down the blower fins before i painted it with a sanding block and then smoothed it out with a 600 grit for the polished fin look,then taped it up(PITA)..also did the writing in the front(PITA)..i think it looks badass...what do you guys think?

Jay

Last edited:

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Looks great man. Can you tell me where you got it, and what kind of paint you used? I was thinking about doing this also to mine, especially now since I wont be putting it on until springtime.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
mjzilinski said:
Looks great man. Can you tell me where you got it, and what kind of paint you used? I was thinking about doing this also to mine, especially now since I wont be putting it on until springtime.

I bought everything at autozone...got the low gloss black engine enamel..a 60 grit roll of sand paper to knock out the pits in the casting on the fins and a 600 grit sanding block to finish it out...taped everything up and painted away...trick is for the fin taping is to roll up the masking tape with a twisting motion..gives it a good size to run along the fins for coverage when spraying the blower.

anything else let me know.

Jay

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Looks great! Why tape the fins when you could just sand them down after painting?

Not that easy...tried it before. You'll scuff the painted surface and be Mother F'n the job...like i did the first time lol...more time consuming this way but definately worth it.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Looks familiar....

Great Job

I was sold on the flat black once i saw yours done..i just added the fins to jazz it up a little bit. Thanks for the idea BTW... :beer:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
BLWN03 said:
I was sold on the flat black once i saw yours done..i just added the fins to jazz it up a little bit. Thanks for the idea BTW... :beer:
Yeah that was a good idea for the fins. Looks great man :beer:

WDW MKR

Established Member
BLWN03 said:
Not that easy...tried it before. You'll scuff the painted surface and be Mother F'n the job...like i did the first time lol...more time consuming this way but definately worth it.

That's weird. Did you let the paint dry long enough before sanding? I've done many ribbed parts that way.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow Jay, that really came out nice. The polished fins really give it a nice and different look. :)

Users who are viewing this thread