Still cant get into the 11's

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickG

Established Member
Got a new personal best last night. but still not what i was hoping. I was running 12.42 with a 2.0 60' before the converter and my new times just dont add up to me after the converter install i expected better times. What do yall think?

My mods:
2012 Mustang GT Auto
Circle D 3600 converter
Offroad H pipe, resonators removed
Hushpower axleback
3.73 gears
LCA's
Adj. Panhard
LCA reclocation brackets
JLT CAI
26"x10" MT Slicks

ngraham8738

kirbyg16

Established Member
I would go down in rear gear. A 26in tire with 3.73s is a pretty steep setup that is probably hurting bad on your top end.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Who did the tune for the converter? My car is very similar set up to yours. I was running 12.50's and dropped into the 12.1x's after converter/3.73. On a good air night last October I ran 11.90's. I am running 28 inch tall drag radials. I know my issue is race weight. I'm running this car around 4050 lbs. All you need is some good air to run in and right now in Texas that's just not happening.

NickG

Established Member
Who did the tune for the converter? My car is very similar set up to yours. I was running 12.50's and dropped into the 12.1x's after converter/3.73. On a good air night last October I ran 11.90's. I am running 28 inch tall drag radials. I know my issue is race weight. I'm running this car around 4050 lbs. All you need is some good air to run in and right now in Texas that's just not happening.

Are you shifting into 4th with the 28 tall tires?

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Are you shifting into 4th with the 28 tall tires?

I think so, but I'm not really paying attention to how many shifts the car is making. Maybe next time I'm out I'll pay more attention. I just nail it and hang on.:thumbsup:

kdanner

Banned
Only 88/112 MPH? You've got all the right parts to run 11s easily. I'm willing to work with you to get it up to potential if you want to bring it over to San Antonio raceway sometime. Bring your stock airbox.

NickG

Established Member
Im thinking about buying some 305/45/18 drag radials and putting the boss intake on and letting it rev to 7700. That should keep my car in 3rd through the traps

NickG

Established Member
Only 88/112 MPH? You've got all the right parts to run 11s easily. I'm willing to work with you to get it up to potential if you want to bring it over to San Antonio raceway sometime. Bring your stock airbox.

It would be hard to get out to san antonio. I guess i could take a vacation and go back to the river walk. It would prolly be awhile till i could though....
Why the stock air box?

kdanner

Banned
It would be hard to get out to san antonio. I guess i could take a vacation and go back to the river walk. It would prolly be awhile till i could though....
Why the stock air box?

I've worked with several different brand CAIs as well as the stock airbox on these automatic cars. All respond as expected, except for the one you have, it throws the shifts and lock schedules way off. This can be bandaided in the calibration, but that is the wrong thing to do for a hardware problem and I don't do it. Based on the what you have, I don't see any reason why your car shouldn't be running 11.50ish. Just needs the tune worked out, and that CAI off there. MPH flat out says the car just isn't making any power right now and you're running at the fastest track in TX already.

wbt

Banned
Sounds like your tune is WAY off. I mean WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
What track were you running at OP?

DA was 2-3K throughout the weekend, but that trap seems really low for your mods.

I dont see anywhere in this thread where you have even mentioned a tune of any kind. People have asked, but you have dodged the question.

Whats the verdit? that car tuned? if so by whom?

D.T.R

Established Member
You have enough mods for mid 11s on an auto, like someone else said.
Also, you're only trapping 112... that's almost stock trap territory.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
According to his post history on this site. AED tuned his car.

I would contact AED and provide additional datalog information to see if there is room for improvement.

THIS^

ahhh thnx

AED, huh...i would get with Shaun...he WILL make your car capable of the times that plus good driving and your in....

Onefstpny

WOT you Say ???
Established Member
If I was given the opportunity you have id load my car up and meet with kdanner & wbt !
Id almost be willing to drive from Jackson to get that opportunity.

Just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread