Stingers + bassani X = CRAP!!!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
#1...Catted bassani and stingers FTW:beer: Offroad and anything sounds like ass..dayum raspy chevy impersonator.:poke:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
#1...Catted bassani and stingers FTW:beer: Offroad and anything sounds like ass..dayum raspy chevy impersonator.:poke:

Couldn't agree any more...an offroad X and stingers is like a Hillbilly redneck truck!

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I know the x-pipe has alot to do with the way the mufflers sound. I had a BBK o/r x-pipe on my 98 cobra with bassani catback. I didnt like it at all. I put my origional catback back on and kept the bassani laying in the corner of the garage. When I got my 04 cobra I did a SRA and used the bassani catback with UPR o/r x-pipe and it sounded good I thought.

Yeah, the UPR is said to sound much cleaner w/o cats but im still going to keep my bassani in the garage so i can go catted if the UPR doesnt fix the problem. Catted bassani X and stingers sounds great!

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member

Seems to be the common consensus around here but some love that bassani o/r x and stingers sound.

Guess with the bolt-in bassani cats, you get the best of both worlds. You can run o/r if you wanna be obnoxious or put the cats in to be tolerable and knock out the rasp.

I want to see what happens when i put the stingers in my bassani piping and run the baffles in the tips with the o/r x...

Jack Burton

Established Member
Seems to be the common consensus around here but some love that bassani o/r x and stingers sound.

Guess with the bolt-in bassani cats, you get the best of both worlds. You can run o/r if you wanna be obnoxious or put the cats in to be tolerable and knock out the rasp.

I want to see what happens when i put the stingers in my bassani piping and run the baffles in the tips with the o/r x...

Not sure where :shrug: I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything good about a o/r x and stingers. I've probably heard at least a few good things about any other setup with a o/r pipe, but not the stingers. Even the sound clips aren't very good. Exhaust sounds like a wet far. But, stingers with a catted-x is definitely nice, and I wouldn't mind owning that setup. Personally, for me, I'm still too hooked on chambered mufflers and o/r H. MAC and o/r H or flowmasters are still my favorite. Still want to try out the catted-x and stingers, but still can't seem to pull away from the chambers.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Go to a local mustang meet and listen to different cars. Which ever Cobra sounds the best, ask that guy what exhaust combo he has. That is the only way you will be happy with your exhaust combo. Everyone on here has a different opinion on what sounds good and you can't base your decision on what other people think. Don't blow your money trying out different combos until you know what you want.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Go to a local mustang meet and listen to different cars. Which ever Cobra sounds the best, ask that guy what exhaust combo he has. That is the only way you will be happy with your exhaust combo. Everyone on here has a different opinion on what sounds good and you can't base your decision on what other people think. Don't blow your money trying out different combos until you know what you want.

Good advice. Ill have to do that! :beer:

And a few people have posted on this thread saying they like the bassani o/r x and stingers sound the best. Some love that obnoxious loud and raspy sound. I dont hate it, just too much to handle all the time.

I too am a fan of chambered mufflers. Dont care for flowmaster much. I think they are overrated but i like the mac muffs. Im an X pipe fan though over H...

SVTjocson

Banned
I say full Bassani.

Here is a vid of o/r xpipe and catback. It sounds soo mean and snarly! Im getting my o/r xpipe in the mail soon, ill post my actual vid when i can

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D965nequP18"]YouTube- 2003 Cobra Whipple 600rwhp revs/idle[/ame]

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I say full Bassani.

Here is a vid of o/r xpipe and catback. It sounds soo mean and snarly! Im getting my o/r xpipe in the mail soon, ill post my actual vid when i can

YouTube- 2003 Cobra Whipple 600rwhp revs/idle

Thats what i had on my car... lol Bassani O/R X and Bassani catback. Sounds really good, just wanted something louded.

Now i have stingers and the bassani... :D

Predatorbird

Established Member
Good advice. Ill have to do that! :beer:

And a few people have posted on this thread saying they like the bassani o/r x and stingers sound the best. Some love that obnoxious loud and raspy sound. I dont hate it, just too much to handle all the time.

I too am a fan of chambered mufflers. Dont care for flowmaster much. I think they are overrated but i like the mac muffs. Im an X pipe fan though over H...

I had the same mentality as you when I got my Cobra. I didn't want to get Flowmaster because everyone on here said they were crap. I decided to get Bassani o/r X and catback because everyone said that combo sounded good. I hated the sound of it and wanted that chambered sound that people associate with Mustangs. A couple of months later I switched to a UPR o/r X and welded in some Mac mufflers.

Everytime I hear a Mustangs in person or on a video with FM's it sounds damn good. If I ever need to replace the Mac's I'll probably just get the super 44's because they sound very close to Mac. Get what YOU think sounds good.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I didn't like the raspy sound either (reminded me of my first car with headers and glass packs) so I kept my Bassani, sold my stingers, and bought the quieter Borla catback with the oval mufflers.:beer:

Now having said that, I'm getting ready to install MAC longtubes and a MAC catted H-pipe in order to further reduce the restrictions in the exaust. The stock headers don't do well with 20+ pounds of boost...:nonono:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I had the same mentality as you when I got my Cobra. I didn't want to get Flowmaster because everyone on here said they were crap. I decided to get Bassani o/r X and catback because everyone said that combo sounded good. I hated the sound of it and wanted that chambered sound that people associate with Mustangs. A couple of months later I switched to a UPR o/r X and welded in some Mac mufflers.

Everytime I hear a Mustangs in person or on a video with FM's it sounds damn good. If I ever need to replace the Mac's I'll probably just get the super 44's because they sound very close to Mac. Get what YOU think sounds good.

Thats true. The chambered sound always sounds good and is def associated with mustangs. My only turn off to them is that every kid around town pushing 200hp out of a stock GT has flows welded in. I was one of those kids when i had my 98 gt back in the day. lol I dont want to have the same basic sound as everyone else.

But, i am still very temped to run the UPR O/R X and Mac flowpaths welded into my bassani piping. Head it on baginoman's car and it sounds great!

But at the same time, i love the sound of bassani catted x and stingers. lol Its a deeper more muscle like sound but not the chambered tone im used to.

Its like beating my head on a brick wall trying to decide... :bash: lol

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
You should probably just sell your stingers to me and find another catback. lol

Lol! Just sold the stinger catback i had posted in the classifieds...

I have just stinger muffs now and a complete bassani catback. Trying to decide if i want to have the stinger put in the bassani piping or buy mac flowpaths to do the same. Or... Just bolt my bassani back up and quit bitching... lol

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I didn't like the raspy sound either (reminded me of my first car with headers and glass packs) so I kept my Bassani, sold my stingers, and bought the quieter Borla catback with the oval mufflers.:beer:

Now having said that, I'm getting ready to install MAC longtubes and a MAC catted H-pipe in order to further reduce the restrictions in the exaust. The stock headers don't do well with 20+ pounds of boost...:nonono:

Yeah, thats kind of my impression of them. Although ive heard them with the catted bassani x and prochamber and both of those combo sound great, with an o/r midpipe, they do sound glasspacky.

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
Why not try catting your Bassani X then run stingers? Its louder than the Bassani Catback and cleans up the rasp. I know, because I just had both setups. Done.

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
I'll prob cat it with stingers to try it out? Having both, are you happier with the bassani?

Extremely. Since it's a dd. Having said that and knowing yours is a weekend car, if it were me, I would have a catted bassani x and stingers. Sounds GREAT but too much for everyday.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Extremely. Since it's a dd. Having said that and knowing yours is a weekend car, if it were me, I would have a catted bassani x and stingers. Sounds GREAT but too much for everyday.

Yeah I hear ya. The drone and noise does get old after awhile but since I don't drive the car everyday, I kind of enjoy the noise cause my daily driver is no fun... Lol

Users who are viewing this thread