stock 01 eaton swap dyno graphs. What do you guys think that have already done this?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
This is 12* timing and the 8#'s of boost. I run all stock pulleys and stock eaton. My tuner said there is more in it, but my first priority was to keep the motor together and have a reliable street car.

Dynograph.gif

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
I think those numbers are right on. SUPER conservative tune and low boost numbers look great! A/F looks perfect as well. now enjoy!!

are you on 91 or 93?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
93 octane in MA. Pete said it was very conservative, but he knew what I wanted and he tuned it accordingly. Just sucks its winter so I won't be driving it until the spring. It went to and from on my buddy's ramp truck.

Performance Dyno in Concord NH did the tune. Pete is the best around this area.

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
man it looks dead on and very conservative. Youre gonna love it! You can always ad a flip chip and run two tunes...that one and one with a bit more timing.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I would love to push it more, but its these bottom ends and I really don't want to put a shortblock in it. I have had it done since the fall, but just now got it up there for the tune. Building these mod motors is just so much money I don't know if I want to go thru that expense. I do have cams and ported heads though so I would love to see what a lower compression built lower end with my heads/cams and and a whipple would do. The fuel system in it now is overkill, but would support a whipple pretty well.

Ahhh decisions decisions!

01MGSVT

Established Member
notchstang92 im wanting to do this to my 01...where did you get the parts and hardware to swap, and how hard is the swap to do??

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I got all the parts on here or thru Ford. The fuel system and JLT RAI I got thru Lethal Performance. The swap is pretty straightforward. I used engine diagrams and wiring diagrams found on 01 Venom's website. You have to remove your knock sensors and grind the mounts off the block to clear the intake. You also have to cut a couple tabs off the heads. Extend some wires which isn't tough to do either. There are a lot of little things you will keep finding out you need though which is the hardest part of it all. A lot of the hardware I got either from parts I removed from my car to do it or they came with the eaton parts I bought. A few things, like the harmonic balancer bolt an timing cover studs are from Ford. I also ran the IAT2 location in the manifold rather than IAT1 in the air intake. The SCT BA2600 MAF I got from a friend.

I'd say go for it. Eaton swaps seem to be getting more popular lately so I'd move now so you can get it all before the parts get harder to find. My car runs and drives fine and now with the tune I can hit boost and see how it feels. Perfect idle and no leaks, knocks, pings, etc. Just take your time with it and read the write ups, diagrams and pictures a few times to really be familiar with what you have to do.

01MGSVT

Established Member
I got all the parts on here or thru Ford. The fuel system and JLT RAI I got thru Lethal Performance. The swap is pretty straightforward. I used engine diagrams and wiring diagrams found on 01 Venom's website. You have to remove your knock sensors and grind the mounts off the block to clear the intake. You also have to cut a couple tabs off the heads. Extend some wires which isn't tough to do either. There are a lot of little things you will keep finding out you need though which is the hardest part of it all. A lot of the hardware I got either from parts I removed from my car to do it or they came with the eaton parts I bought. A few things, like the harmonic balancer bolt an timing cover studs are from Ford. I also ran the IAT2 location in the manifold rather than IAT1 in the air intake. The SCT BA2600 MAF I got from a friend.

I'd say go for it. Eaton swaps seem to be getting more popular lately so I'd move now so you can get it all before the parts get harder to find. My car runs and drives fine and now with the tune I can hit boost and see how it feels. Perfect idle and no leaks, knocks, pings, etc. Just take your time with it and read the write ups, diagrams and pictures a few times to really be familiar with what you have to do.

thanks alot!! if you dont mind me asking....what kinda money did you have to spend to do this?

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Congrats on the swap! Swaps range from the low 400's to about 475 with agressive tune but then it wont last as long when you go agressive.

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
I would love to push it more, but its these bottom ends and I really don't want to put a shortblock in it. I have had it done since the fall, but just now got it up there for the tune. Building these mod motors is just so much money I don't know if I want to go thru that expense. I do have cams and ported heads though so I would love to see what a lower compression built lower end with my heads/cams and and a whipple would do. The fuel system in it now is overkill, but would support a whipple pretty well.

Ahhh decisions decisions!

I think you could get away with a bit more timing.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
thanks alot!! if you dont mind me asking....what kinda money did you have to spend to do this?

I think it was around $3500 including the fuel system stuff. Then the SCT xcal 3 and dyno tune was another $450-$500 I think.

I think you could get away with a bit more timing.

I would love to add a couple degrees and be in the mid 400's, but I see too many guys do that and then the car breaks. I want this motor to live a long and happy life!

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
thats awesome man! im still in the beginning stages of my swap (kb 2.8H) but hope to kick it into high gear this week and have her done asap! get out there and enjoy it!!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
nice!!!!

how is Pete these days???

my car has spun his dynos rollers many many times

he did the initial tune when i installed my KB back in 04.

PS: he used to keep his SCT 4 bank chips in the cabinet to right of the dyno. Tell him you want one so he can give you a badgas tune, and any other tunes you may want

01 Venom

Established Member
Good work, not sure if anyone said this, but get her ported and you will make another 50 RWHP.

But she is gonna be fun :)

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Those are great numbers!! I wouldn't push it anymore with the stock bottom end. I was a little less than that on spray, and I upped the shot to 150 getting greedy and bent two rods......

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Good work, not sure if anyone said this, but get her ported and you will make another 50 RWHP.

But she is gonna be fun :)
yup, i was just about to say the same thing. ported eaton will keep the torque from dropping in higher rpms...therefore raising hp.

either way great build man!

Users who are viewing this thread