Stock 03-04 cobra fan vs. GT

Fopar

Established Member
Thank you. I think I'm going to be stuck with the stock radiator. I might upgrade the fan and call it a day.
I mean even the GT rad was more or less adequate, would cruise around 184-192 in San Diego even with AC on wouldn’t usually get above 208-210 in 90+ degree heat and that was when I was climbing hills on the freeway. I mostly swapped it just cuz its out while I do the crank pulley and it’s what was on the car when I got it. Also it’s a plastic tank rad… not worth risking my all aluminum motor over a cheap rad

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I mean even the GT rad was more or less adequate, would cruise around 184-192 in San Diego even with AC on wouldn’t usually get above 208-210 in 90+ degree heat and that was when I was climbing hills on the freeway. I mostly swapped it just cuz its out while I do the crank pulley and it’s what was on the car when I got it. Also it’s a plastic tank rad… not worth risking my all aluminum motor over a cheap rad
I saw 216 last weekend cruising back from San Clemente. I'm sure you know what that traffic is like. That was in stop and go with the A/C going. It's been doing better since I tweaked the timing at part throttle, but I'd like a little more head room when I'm in traffic.

Malcolm also has me thinking about doing the fan controller with soft start since I can do stuff like that now. It never ends.

Fopar

Established Member
Ok... wtf does everyone do about this... and no I don't want a trunk tank or battery tank... or aluminum tank of any sort
IMG_5468.JPG

I'm thinking heat gun...

shurur

Established Member
I saw 216 last weekend cruising back from San Clemente. I'm sure you know what that traffic is like. That was in stop and go with the A/C going. It's been doing better since I tweaked the timing at part throttle, but I'd like a little more head room when I'm in traffic.

Malcolm also has me thinking about doing the fan controller with soft start since I can do stuff like that now. It never ends.
Yup.
A PWM fan controller will keep the temps tight.
I want me one of those...just because.

Please make a thread with your usual thoroughness for SVTP when you get it done!

I only trust the Delta Current Controls (??) unit, but I hear he takes forever to deliver.
They seem to have production issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread