stock 03 cobra vs turbo 96 cobra

Prostyle

Established Member
Hey guys just figured id show a recent kill i just snagged up. Wasnt the best,but i will take it. This was the only decent video we got on our crappy camera phone.

I just got the car tuned and fixing little problems with the car. Wanted to see how the car did against a stock termi.

Im running 10lbs but have some major exhaust leaks and small boost leaks. Also im only spinning the car up to 6krpm due to floating my valve springs.

Once i get everything working the way i want, i will be turning the boost up to 20lbs.

Sorry for the crappy video guys, but figured i would go ahead and post it. I will be getting some more runs in later against some f-bodies and pullied cobras. Just need to get my car running right.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sAskoG_3GA"]YouTube - stock 03 cobra vs turbo 96 cobra[/nomedia]

all the races had turnouts like this, but this is the only halfway decent vid. He did kind of miss third but you can see how hard i pulled on him.

beastmar

Established Member
If he didn't miss 3rd it seemed like he was pulling on you. Nice car (what I could make out of it) none the less.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
you should should not be getting any valve float at 6k. fix your issues and get some more vids with those other cars.

19935.slow

Established Member
you should should not be getting any valve float at 6k. fix your issues and get some more vids with those other cars.

How do you know this lol? He could diff cams, wrong vsprings, or high mileage valvesprings. Valve float isn't relative to certain rmps. If he has incorrect valvespring geometry or old stock springs, with boost, it will float em.

I don't think the 03 would have one anyways, but he road the shit out of the clutch going into 3rd (wasn't a gear miss), and he shifted at 5000 going into 4th it seemed.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kill, but I wouldn't be racing the 96 cobra if with all the said problems. That's just asking for trouble. Fix it, than race the F bodies and share the races with us. But nice car!

19935.slow

Established Member
Nice kill, but I wouldn't be racing the 96 cobra if with all the said problems. That's just asking for trouble. Fix it, than race the F bodies and share the races with us. But nice car!

Agreed, the leaks aren't bad though, as long as they are after the turbo.

wma8706

Established Member
yea... agree with everybody here. Fix your issues and how the hell did you find a stock terminator to race?

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Agreed, the leaks aren't bad though, as long as they are after the turbo.

True if they are after it's not such a bad thing, but he says he has valve float?! That alone should tell you not to be running that cobra that way.

Not in any way bashing the OP but I'd hate to see a Cobra die like that.

19935.slow

Established Member
True if they are after it's not such a bad thing, but he says he has valve float?! That alone should tell you not to be running that cobra that way.

Not in any way bashing the OP but I'd hate to see a Cobra die like that.

Agreed, look at my first post. Valve float is no joke. I pullied my fox to 14psi with stock valvesprings and a cam, my god, on the dyno it sounded horrible. I know first hand lol.

Prostyle

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the input. Car has stock cams and springs, but high miles on the springs. My exhaust leaks where on the hotside before the turbo. I got new vbands on the car and its a whole different car.

That 03 wont be stock for long. He just got a car a few weeks ago.

Ill post up a new video later tonight. Raced a bolt on trans am with a 150shot for 100$ and ill show you the outcome. The car right now is sitting on 18lbs but im shifting at 5500rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread