STOCK '12 GT500 vs '13 GT500 heads up?

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
I've searched but didn't find any head to head races of the monster '13 (Stock) vs a stock 2012 GT500 on an actual drag strip.

Anyone seen or have a vid of such a race?

I'm thinking that while the '13 should definitely and comfortably win the race that it may be a lot closer than some may think - for at least the 1/8th.

Again - and honest-to-God stock vs stock drag race at a timed strip, I would love to see it.

No magazine racers, no 'it should do this...', let's see some actual heads up racing?

Anyone?

Last edited:

gtconv91

Ya can't fix stupid
Established Member
I've searched but didn't find any head to head races of the monster '13 (Stock) vs a stock '13 GT500 on an actual drag strip.

I'm thinking that while the '13 should definitely and comfortably win the race that it may be a lot closer than some may think - for at least the 1/8th.

Again - and honest-to-God stock vs stock drag race at a timed strip, I would love to see it.

No magazine racers, no 'it should do this...', let's see some actual heads up racing?

Anyone?

:??: Title say stock '12 gt500 vs '13 gt500
Text says monster '13 (stock) vs stock '13 gt500

rwboring

Established Member
I've searched but didn't find any head to head races of the monster '13 (Stock) vs a stock '13 GT500 on an actual drag strip.

Anyone?

I would think a 13 would win if it were a '13 vs a '13 :poke:

On a serious note I'm guessing the MPH would be a bigger gap then the E.T. (neither would get good 60ft times)

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
I would think a 13 would win if it were a '13 vs a '13 :poke:

On a serious note I'm guessing the MPH would be a bigger gap then the E.T. (neither would get good 60ft times)

Thanks for pointing out the typo. I fixed it - yes, it should have read 2013 vs 2012.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The 13 will have about 5-7 mph over a 12 in the 1/4. On the street, the 13 will make a 12 look silly. Actual ET, depending on driver, will probably be about a 1/2 second difference or more.

gkviper192

Established Member
The 13 will have about 5-7 mph over a 12 in the 1/4. On the street, the 13 will make a 12 look silly. Actual ET, depending on driver, will probably be about a 1/2 second difference or more.

What do you think would win on the street 2012 gt500 with intake,tune,pulley Vs. stock 13 gt500...? Assuming its a roll race and both drivers are equal of course.

BOD89LX

Established Member
From the seat of the pants my stock 13 is faster then my 12 with pulley and a tune and air filter and off road x pipe. I plan to hit the track soon to see if it will run faster at the track my 12 ran 11.3@124 with 19" MT's with a 1.7xx 60' and I have some 20" Nitto's for my 13.

Users who are viewing this thread