stock 2011 5.0 vs 2003 kenne bell cobra

D.T.R

Established Member
You're entitled to your opinion. I always thought a forged motor was better than non-forged. I learned something today. I guess the transmission with constant issues is also beter than whats in the cobra. You're blanket statements are laughable at best. There are certainly improvements over the Cobra. However, there are also certain things that are better in the Cobra.
Not sure what pount you are making here.:shrug:
That's funny. I didn't realize the 1.5 years this car has been out is = to "forever". They have proven their longevity in 1.5 years. First time ever a car has been able to do this. I've seen a few blow up long before 650. I'm not even going to take the time to response to the rest of your well thought out posts.

I just wanted to remark something. The transmission "issues" seem to be more in the 11s than the 12s. Mine has been BEAT ON since 0 miles... and it has zero issues... shifts like butter. Seems like a lot of people make it out to be bigger than it really is. There are people making 650whp+ on stock transmissions just fine... I have also seen T56s break before 500whp... transmissions are a hit and miss I think...

D.T.R

Established Member
We agree on something?:eek:

It must be 2012....lol. Just kidding. :beer:

tis ok..
I'm hoping to see a fast termi come out and race locally...
There is a few (very few) about 600whp... and they don't want to do anything less than 60 rolls lol... which is fine for my Honda... but the rest of the domestic guys kinda bitch about it :lol1:

superman

Established Member
go to the 2011 section for the 5.0. I posted a video from the track last sunday. Ran a PB---12.38 @116

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
go to the 2011 section for the 5.0. I posted a video from the track last sunday. Ran a PB---12.38 @116

Is that 12.38 @ 116 completely stock down to the paper filter, full weight, etc?

If so, it is 2 MPH faster than ANY time I've ever seen, and the fastest ET by a good 1.5 tenths..

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
The new 5.0 is the car that divides the mustang world. It's really sad. Why do the 5.0 owners want to argue with the proven history that the 03/04 has? Appreciate it & don't argue it so much.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
:pop: i like the 5.0 I almost bought one but I got a termi instead love them both. Sad part is 5.0 guys and termi guys are cocky but the same and can't even see it :shrug:

superman

Established Member
Is that 12.38 @ 116 completely stock down to the paper filter, full weight, etc?

If so, it is 2 MPH faster than ANY time I've ever seen, and the fastest ET by a good 1.5 tenths..

completely stock except for the drag radials and hush power mufflers

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
completely stock except for the drag radials and hush power mufflers

Ok, so the car is not stock.

I recall seeing another thread with your time posted in it, although at the time I didn't know it was your time, claiming it was stock.

A slow cobra has already gone 12.44 @ 114 on stock tires and completely stock everything else.

In sure there is a link going around here somewhere, that shows a cobra with drag radials only running 11's.

I could be wrong, just going off of memory of what I recall was posted a couple of years ago.

Sent via morse code through a fax machine.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Ok, so the car is not stock.

I recall seeing another thread with your time posted in it, although at the time I didn't know it was your time, claiming it was stock.

A slow cobra has already gone 12.44 @ 114 on stock tires and completely stock everything else.

In sure there is a link going around here somewhere, that shows a cobra with drag radials only running 11's.

I could be wrong, just going off of memory of what I recall was posted a couple of years ago.

:lol: 11's with drag radials only:dw: We all need to quit we the absurd claims

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
:lol: 11's with drag radials only:dw: We all need to quit we the absurd claims

Once I have a free moment I'll try and find it.

Point being, he ran with drag radials and muffler sand ran less than a tenth faster than a bone stock 03/04 cobra. Why would a cobra with the same mods run faster?

It's absurd that 5.0 owners think all o their cars are mid 12 cars stock, when most have tires and a Bolton to go with it. The cobra has proved itself hundreds of times and still does 8 years later.

superman

Established Member
someone asked if the car had the stock air filter,full weight etc and i said all stock except for mufflers and drag radials. my take on what is stock from what i've read on here is different than most. i did post up on some previous threads it was stock but i've since found out that i have to word it right. to make it clear the only changes that has been made to the car is mufflers,and drag radials.

superman

Established Member

Point being, he ran with drag radials and muffler sand ran less than a tenth faster than a bone stock 03/04 cobra. Why would a cobra with the same mods run faster?

It's absurd that 5.0 owners think all o their cars are mid 12 cars stock, when most have tires and a Bolton to go with it. The cobra has proved itself hundreds of times and still does 8 years later.

i own both (actually 3.) i have an 88 GT also. And i don't know how this came about (Cobra vs 5.0) both are great cars

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

I agree, if you check his thread I was the first response saying his 5.0 wasn't stock.

You do know that the average 03/04 ran high 12's/low 13's stock right? Just like the new 5.0. Yeah some Cobras ran mid 12's stock, just like the new 5.0.

From where I'm standing it looks like some 03/04 cobra guys are threated because they are a few notches down on the mustang food chain. Just like when you tell a sn95 cobra owner that his car is equal to the performance of a 99-04 2v gt:poke:

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
Is this really still going on?!:kaboom: HAHA. This makes me laugh. I say we arrange a shoot out at a strip somewhere so this can all be settled. One way or the other. Hell, I would travel to see this after all the trash talking that has happened over nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread