Stock C5 z06 vs Cobra Terminator

JD_Z28

Established Member
A pullied Cobra with intake and exhaust is a good run for a stock C5 Z06. Stock for stock the Z06 will destroy the Cobra with equal drivers.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If you wanna race at the track then I guess it could be close if you aren't the best driver. :shrug:

Otherwise you might as well race a bolt-on Cobra, it will be a closer race.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwFYZSai1WA"]YouTube - Pullied 03 Cobra vs Stock 03 Z06[/ame]

Blaine

Established Member
A pullied Cobra with intake and exhaust is a good run for a stock C5 Z06. Stock for stock the Z06 will destroy the Cobra with equal drivers.

A 79k car can outrun a 40k car!!! :poke: Thats a major automotive break through.:pop: Whats Chevy's secret?:shrug:

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
OP, I think you would be better off racing either a pullied Cobra or a CAI,Exhaust,Tuned Cobra. Stock for stock I think the Z would pull a little bit ahead but you never know at the track it might come down to a drivers race.

Blaine

Established Member
Looks like there talking about a C5Z06 in this thread not a C6Z06.

Ah misread C5Z... 55k vs 40k then...

I've owned BOTH cars. Both are fast. C5Z is easy mode in racing. Launches 100X easier and is more forgiving than the Cobra. C5Z would edge a stock 03-04 Cobra.

Vae_Victus

Established Member
I think the OP is just looking for some good fun...not sure about that last line about terminating terminators who can only terminate somethin something....WTF?!?!?! :s

No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Mystic03

Established Member
ill be heading up to firebird on the 7th if everything goes to plan ill gladly run you highway and track i have a 2.80 though...

Tunedprt91

Established Member
03 Z with cai vs 470rwhp 03 Cobra from 60-130 ended with Cobra ahead 1.5 cars. Pretty even until I hit 4th gear then my car seems to fall on its face.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Nothing can beat a terminator unless Chuck Norris is driving one of them, then he would win,.,., it's that simple

BLACKC5Z06

Established Member
ill be heading up to firebird on the 7th if everything goes to plan ill gladly run you highway and track i have a 2.80 though...

Let me know ill be glad to run you at the track or the highway after all it will be fun.. r u going to be using street tires at the track?

StangJason

Established Member
03 Z with cai vs 470rwhp 03 Cobra from 60-130 ended with Cobra ahead 1.5 cars. Pretty even until I hit 4th gear then my car seems to fall on its face.

That would be one poorly driven Cobra because a stock 03 Z06 was about a full 1 second behind me when I raced it...8 or 9 car lengths, I dunno pretty far.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
He is a good driver. I think I just have a strong car. 2nd and 3rd gear his car will pull steady but its when we both hit 4th he walks me. I had another 03Z I raced him in and that Z would be behind 2.5-3 cars from a 60-140. I just think this Z I have now is stronger than my last. Ill say he had 2 cars at best and we both had passengers.

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
I raced 2 separate C5Z06s when I had tune, intake, exhaust.

Race 1 - Me by about .5 car (his nose at my door) until I flubbed a shift and he pulled away. Anymore then about 120 and I was going to get pulled. I screwed up the 3-4 shift and he was already starting to pull up and pass. This was from a 30 roll or so and both cars had people in them

Race 2 - Me by about 1.5 cars from around 40 to about 110 or so. He had a passenger and I didn't. Stopped at a light and he told me that was the first time he had been pulled by a Mustang. I assume the difference between that and the first race was the passenger but any faster and I think he was going to pull back on me again

jeffs

Established Member
I know everyone in the world can drive a stock Cobra to mid 12's on the net, but when mine was factory stock, I ran 13.2@108 at Firebird, with a decent "street tire" launch and clean speedshifts. I think a pullied, CAI, tune would be a closer race, but you better not miss a gear, that place has a cool setup for the wednesday night races, 15$ for as many runs that you can get in.

Mystic03

Established Member
I know everyone in the world can drive a stock Cobra to mid 12's on the net, but when mine was factory stock, I ran 13.2@108 at Firebird, with a decent "street tire" launch and clean speedshifts. I think a pullied, CAI, tune would be a closer race, but you better not miss a gear, that place has a cool setup for the wednesday night races, 15$ for as many runs that you can get in.

i hit 12.90 stock pullied in sir in tucson which is a terrible track im hoping for low 12's maybe 11's but well see.those z06's run strong so well see :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread