Stock Exhaust Gasket needed

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
I'm looking for the exhaust gasket immediately behind the cats that has a ford part number F3TZ-5E241-A. My 131K 1994 Lightning blew out the gasket, and I need to replace it plus have one as a spare for the exhaust I have in the shed for my other stock exhaust.

I can't seem to locate any around, and it will help to seal the system. Help....

Bill

green99_svt

Established Member
I hope you get lucky and find some. If not consider buying a sheet of gasket material and cutting one out. They make 10x10 sheets of exhaust gasket. Should be easy enough to trace out and cut.

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
Thank you for your response. I've talked to my exhaust shop and although the exhaust gasket sheet could work, the heavy metal embedded material of the original will stand up to the exhaust temperature immediately in back of the cat for a much longer time. I've sent a message to Bassani for their gasket 5850G and have yet to hear anything from them. Some say that gasket will match exactly so I'm crossing my fingers.

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
I did pick up the Fel-Pro #60712, however the hole locations were 4 9/16 x 4 1/4 with 7/16 holes instead of 5 3/8 x 4 1/2. I still await a reply from Bassani with gasket 5850G, but I may have to modify the Fel-Pro to work with the exhaust. I'll keep you posted.

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
Today I tried again to contact Bassani regarding their gasket 5850G that is a direct replacement for F3TZ-5E241-A, and surprisingly enough they said they have them in stock at about $12 each. They have been ordered, and I'll await the shipment to see if they have the correct bolt pattern. Details to follow.

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
Great news. Bassani sent me the 5850G gasket, and my muffler shop installed it onto the flange without any problem. I'd suggest that everyone pick up a couple of those gaskets so that in the future you also can replace it when the original goes bad. Thanks for all the suggestions, and I'm glad Bassani had them back in stock!

Users who are viewing this thread