Stock fuel pump replacement

02gt87

Established Member
Car is relatively stock and don't want to bother with GT super car pumps or anything that will pull extra amperage. Can't find the bosch replacement pumps anywhere either. I found this complete hat on jegs.

Carter P76130S: Replacement Fuel Pump Hanger Assembly for 2003-2004 Ford Mustang | JEGS

I guess it will be my only option, but does anyone have any experience with this or have found a comparable replacement pump that drops into the hat?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
Home

Look in here. I think he lists the oem pump part number
Engine section
Kenny bell boost a pump.

list just the pumps vs complete unit

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I've replaced the stock hat in both of my Cobras, both within the past year. The first time (my vert with 130k) was by my tuner because I couldn't figure it out. I think he may have used the Carter number you referenced above. But he was able to get it the same day from a local Auto Zone, so it might have been different though. But he charged me $400 for the part, which is the approximate going price.

The second time (on my coupe with 70k), and you won't believe this, was a number I found on Amazon - written in broken English and ultra-cheap - for the dual pump hat specific to our supercharged cars. It was about $130 and from China. I wasn't sure what to expect but figured I'd try it out. I did not have high hopes lol. But, when I opened the box, it was identical to the part I removed, and has been working as it should. Since it was so cheap, I went onto Amazon the next day to buy another as a backup, but the listing had already been removed. Too good to be true I guess lol.

But the options out there are definitely limited, so I would jump on that Carter piece if you can get it. I called around to many local speed shops and none could get it.

Cross reference numbers from my notes are:

- Airtex E2432S

- Spectra A1440EP

Best of luck with it!

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Not yet, checked my email last week and wasnt provided tracking. Gonna log into the acct and see if tracking is inside my acct.

Users who are viewing this thread