Stock Mufflers Getting Loud

SteveWK

Established Member
I dunno about you guys, but my 2013 GT500 has 26K miles on it, and with a non-catted h-pipe it is getting loud. Only mod is the h-pipe. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I dunno about you guys, but my 2013 GT500 has 26K miles on it, and with a non-catted h-pipe it is getting loud. Only mod is the h-pipe. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Did it get louder with the install of the HPipe? Or progressively has gotten louder after installing it?

Without the cats I think these things sound phenomenal.

SteveWK

Established Member
I've had the h-pipe on for most of its 26k mile life. It just seems to be louder than it use to be. I like the sound of it though. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it getting louder with miles.

SteveWK

Established Member
It recently became my daily driver. I just couldn't pass up on the used car market prices. I sold my 2016 Jeep Cherokee for more than I paid for it 5 years ago.

SteveWK

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I don't mind loud, it was way louder with the longtubes on it a couple of years ago, I just don't like attracting attention.

Yeah, I am getting older though. :)

claybeatz

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I don't mind loud, it was way louder with the longtubes on it a couple of years ago, I just don't like attracting attention.

Yeah, I am getting older though. :)

You took the longtubes off??? Without cats on pump gas you’re gonna be getting significantly more carbon buildup in the mufflers depending on your tune. Could be why it sounds louder

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
@SteveWK thanks for being brave man, I’ve often thought the same myself but was to shy to ask. Just know you’re not alone :)

Users who are viewing this thread