stock pulley trap speed?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
shelbytimeslip_zps41e424a5.jpg

RedfireWhipple

Established Member
ya know I was doing some thinking and my 03 cobra at 600 rwhp and roughly same weight as the 13 500, went 10.7's consistently with 3:55's and hoosier dr's at 129..

I realize that the 1st gear in the 13 gt500 tranny is the huge difference between the two - but man -- I have stated from the get go - that if you just do gears, CAI/ tune / and TB that the 13 gt500's should definitely be doing high tens in good air and someone knowing how to drive. I was cutting 1.67 - 1.70's and doing 104-105 in the 1/8th at 6.8 secs. It's all because of the 1st gear int he new 13 GT500 -- its soo long that it is hindering the 60 ft times. I think 4:10's in these cars at the strip would be damn near perfect.

And heck -- if you are doing TB / CAI and a tune -- your car is pretty much going to need DR's on a regular basis anyways. I am just amazed at these cars. I think we will be seeing more and more high 10 sec runs with DR's a tune and TB / CAI and gears. Sh*t - most of those guys will also be doing at least an upper -- we should be seeing a lot more 10 sec runs I would think.

Last edited:

rford13

Established Member
anyone go 131+ on stock pulleys yet? just got a call from bad03cobra he went 131 and some change...

Lethal Performance has:

"Next run out ended up being our quickest run of the night yielding us a 10.92@130+mph. The only modifications done to the car for that run was a custom tune from Lund Racing, 3" Offroad Pipe from Lethal Performance and a set of M&H Drag Radials on stock 08' GT500 rims."

This is quoted from one of their youtube videos.

[youtube_browser]_Fgd9YB6L9I[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

rford13

Established Member
Awesome run. Did you happen to run it with the stock gears and if so what was your best time? Also how much time do you think you could gain running skinnies up front?

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
Awesome run. Did you happen to run it with the stock gears and if so what was your best time? Also how much time do you think you could gain running skinnies up front?

Skinnies are normally worth 1mph and 1 tenth. also using 18 inch rear wheels lets you have more side wall flex for traction. These 20" drag radial are horrible. I ran the car with stock gears and went 11.30 with a 2.0 60ft. the tune was off on that pass as well. A little more practice it will go 10.70@132 for sure.

rford13

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I just picked up a set of 18 wheels and hoosier drag radials. I'm hoping to get a couple good runs in before the season ends. I'm just waiting for the tires to show up so I can get to the track.

How are the new gears as far as daily driving goes and did you get your speedo recalibrated?

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
Thanks for the info, I just picked up a set of 18 wheels and hoosier drag radials. I'm hoping to get a couple good runs in before the season ends. I'm just waiting for the tires to show up so I can get to the track.

How are the new gears as far as daily driving goes and did you get your speedo recalibrated?

The 4.10's make driving the car much better than the super tall stock gears. The car accelerates much easier with less effort.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The video shows you going through the 1/4 in 3rd gear. Something isn't meshing. 4.10s would require you to shift into 4th, yet you go through the traps in 3rd and run 10.9?

Shhhh

Established Member
The video shows you going through the 1/4 in 3rd gear. Something isn't meshing. 4.10s would require you to shift into 4th, yet you go through the traps in 3rd and run 10.9?

That is not his car. The video embedded is of Lethal Performances car. It was posted just to show that there have been other stock pulley cars running 130+mph traps.

Users who are viewing this thread