Stock Redeye with Just DR’s ran 10.22@134 last night. (Not a press event with Evan Smith).

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
First off, i am a Ford guy and i own a 2008,GT500 which i still race. I love mustangs and love Ford(except for Greedy dealers like Fred Beans), and i love my Cobra.

But last night, i took my Stock Redeye with DR’s to the local (to me) track. No special driver, with engineers on hand and specially prepped track. Just Friday night Test and tune at Atco. Raced with the tires i drove in on, and that i also usually drive on daily.

ripped off a 10.22@134. And it was effortless.
I think someone caught the 10.22@134 on video so look for it on Youtube.

Why am i posting it here? Well, i thought you all might like to know, before you plunk down 75k-95k plus 5-10 in markups on your GT500, that there are alternatives out there. No, it won't be as fast around a race track. But these Redeyes, do absolutely Rip at the Strip, and they make great everyday cars that can actually carry 4-5 people.

And the value proposition cant be beat!
My OTD cost- $58k - new 2019 redeye.

Its a great time to be alive when we have awesome offerings from both Ford and Mopar!
Keep in mind, i am not DragStrip hero like Evan Smith. Im just a normal guy with his 4th trip to the track with his Redeye, and a not unlimited budget.

Attachments

• F6E90080-7167-44F8-A97C-CE3B9890BE99.jpeg
    F6E90080-7167-44F8-A97C-CE3B9890BE99.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
What is $58k OTD? Brand new ‘19 Redeye?
They’re great cars no doubt.
What was the DA at ATCO?
-J
58 out the door.
yes brand new Redeye. Deals can be found. They are not gouging for them.
I was showing DA -400ish. But i dont put alot of stock in DA. Its run what ya brung , at whatever track and with what ever air. But yes, of course, the air was good, thats why i was there.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
First off, i am a Ford guy and i own a 2008,GT500 which i still race. I love mustangs and love Ford(except for Greedy dealers like Fred Beans), and i love my Cobra.

But last night, i took my Stock Redeye with DR’s to the local (to me) track. No special driver, with engineers on hand and specially prepped track. Just Friday night Test and tune at Atco. Raced with the tires i drove in on, and that i also usually drive on daily.

ripped off a 10.22@134. And it was effortless.
I think someone caught the 10.22@134 on video so look for it on Youtube.

Why am i posting it here? Well, i thought you all might like to know, before you plunk down 75k-95k plus 5-10 in markups on your GT500, that there are alternatives out there. No, it won't be as fast around a race track. But these Redeyes, do absolutely Rip at the Strip, and they make great everyday cars that can actually carry 4-5 people.

And the value proposition cant be beat!
My OTD cost- $58k - new 2019 redeye.

Its a great time to be alive when we have awesome offerings from both Ford and Mopar!
Keep in mind, i am not DragStrip hero like Evan Smith. Im just a normal guy with his 4th trip to the track with his Redeye, and a not unlimited budget.

Congrats and you got a good deal on the car. But dont think everyone is getting a red eye at that price. There normally 70k plus T&L. There in the same ball park as a gt500. So the smoke and mirror tricks dont work on everyone.

2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
What do they run on stock rubber?
Good question. No one really knows yet. None of us have even tried.
I mean i guess i could look into renting the track out one day and have it set up for street radials. Have the VHT sprayed down to the 1000 Ft mark.. and see if sticks? But does it really matter when they are runnig so good on DR’s.
I mean, you wouldnt play basketball in dress shoes? Right?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good question. No one really knows yet. None of us have even tried.
I mean i guess i could look into renting the track out one day and have it set up for street radials. Have the VHT sprayed down to the 1000 Ft mark.. and see if sticks? But does it really matter when they are runnig so good on DR’s.
I mean, you wouldnt play basketball in dress shoes? Right?

I mean. If I were to take a new GT500 to the dragstrip, I'd run DRs...and run the same time as you did. Then I would pop off those wheels and put on some Pirelli scrubs and lap you on a road course. Then I would pop those off, put on some of the stock Michelin's and drag you up and down on your local highway doing 60 rolls. Then I would go home and have a beer, post about it on SVTP and all you will have to say is, "well I gave $58k for mine"....and my reply will be, "should've spent the extra $30k".

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I'd rather have the new gt500.
It depends on what you are doing with it and your personal taste. If you live at Laguna Seca, and like to (and can afford to) beat the snot out of your cars on a race track every so often, or maybe every weekend. Then the choice is clear! GT500.

But for guys that like to go to the drag strip more than a race track, and like a decent back seat that can be used, and for a retro styled muscle car look, the Redeye is a good option to keep in mind, for tens of thousands less. And it handles better that you would think. Way better than the Demon for example. A very competent GT car with huge brakes. (Not as big as the gt500, but still huge compared to most cars on the road)

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I mean. If I were to take a new GT500 to the dragstrip, I'd run DRs...and run the same time as you did. Then I would pop off those wheels and put on some Pirelli scrubs and lap you on a road course. Then I would pop those off, put on some of the stock Michelin's and drag you up and down on your local highway doing 60 rolls. Then I would go home and have a beer, post about it on SVTP and all you will have to say is, "well I gave $58k for mine"....and my reply will be, "should've spent the extra $30k".
Sounds good. Get those DR’s put on and i will See you at the strip. We will be waiting for you guys. Should be fun.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I see regular used hellcats listed for 50-54 in your area, how in the hell did you get a brand new redeye for 58otd??? That can't possibly be close to normal.
Not typical, but possible. Combined several incentives, dealer discounts and a car without alot of options. A 58k car right from the factory that comes very close to the 9 second zone with DR.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
58 out the door.
yes brand new Redeye. Deals can be found. They are not gouging for them.
I was showing DA -400ish. But i dont put alot of stock in DA. Its run what ya brung , at whatever track and with what ever air. But yes, of course, the air was good, thats why i was there.

-400 is awesome air no doubt but definitely not mineshaft. In true mineshaft (-1500) i think your car could have ran very close to a 9 sec pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Nice run OP. Btw the DA was -770' @8pm. Fred Beans does suck except for parts. Where is Bucks are you?

I see regular used hellcats listed for 50-54 in your area, how in the hell did you get a brand new redeye for 58otd??? That can't possibly be close to normal.
Hellcats can found in the $40k range. Nice ones, low miles.

Users who are viewing this thread