Stock Redeye with Just DR’s ran 10.22@134 last night. (Not a press event with Evan Smith).

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
And the value proposition cant be beat!
My OTD cost- $58k - new 2019 redeye.

Its a great time to be alive when we have awesome offerings from both Ford and Mopar!
Keep in mind, i am not DragStrip hero like Evan Smith. Im just a normal guy with his 4th trip to the track with his Redeye, and a not unlimited budget.
You stated you paid $53k for the car plus about $5k in tax title and license fees. This would equal $58k otd.
58 out the door.
yes brand new Redeye. Deals can be found. They are not gouging for them.
I was showing DA -400ish. But i dont put alot of stock in DA. Its run what ya brung , at whatever track and with what ever air. But yes, of course, the air was good, thats why i was there.
Again you say $58k otd.
100% stock is new wheels and tires. Got it.

$58k OTD is about $53k for car. I see nothing for that price even close. Multiple $66k on the $80k msrp. Unless you don’t have tax.

At $66k that’s $72k otd as you say.

As for your post, we already saw modified HC running same times as the GT500 in Vegas now you prove to us again the modified HC will run even with the GT500. Enjoy your car, it’s a sweet ride!
I try to get correct info. You never stated I was wrong.
OTD though? You'd shit if you saw what dealers were asking here lol
He tries to get info from you. No statement of how we are wrong.
Cheapest ones I saw were at $66k.
Not $53k or $54k like you state. Again no correction.
And here is that exact stock demon i mentioned earlier running 10.0’s.. he has now improved with some advice i gave him to 9.8’s.
Looks like skinnies. Not stock.
yes to crate. Stock wheels. Different DR’s.
Non stock wheels.

I have yet to see any new RE in the $50’s let alone $52k to get $58k otd.

Since when do sticky tires and weld rims equal stock?

Besides list after market tires and rims as factory stock.

Unless the pulley/tune is significantly faster than the c7z it would be destroyed on track.
Again no correction from you.
Ondbit, oh how ive missed our enlightening conversations.

well, now youve seen one for 58k. It was not that hard. Just have to have some common sense and be patient.

And thats why to title says “with DR’s”. Most guys know that stands for “Drag Radials”. Most guys run dragradials at the strip. And most guys run them on a wheel. LOL you crack me up dude. Its true you could debate the rear wheel as not being stock. have fun with that. Im OK if my car is not worthy to you.
DR are drag radials. Drag radials are not stock. Neither are aftermarket rear wheels.

So you paid $53k plus ttl?
Sorry if I don’t believe you. Like I said the cheapest ones I found after a national search were $66k. Puts it over $72k otd.

You never did say factory. You have been comparing a modified vehicle to a stock GT500 run though. Then you back up your times with other modified runs from other modified vehicles.

Which is great, run what you have best times win. You car as it sits is faster than the stock GT500. Do you want a cookie?

The RE is a great vehicle! I would like the Scat Charger Wide in F8 green. If I can find one for $40k otd or $35k purchase I’d buy!
Again no correction.
How high is the TT&L there? Here in Texas that'd be roughly 3,700 bucks for 53K car...
No correction.
CA it’s over 10% for tax title and license fees.

in Texas a $53k purchase puts otd cost at $57k otd. He paid $58k otd.
Still no correction.
Congrats on allegedly getting a great car for $58k otd, that’s market based economy. You waited 2 years for hype to die and bought a great car below dealer cost that wasn’t going to move at msrp. Our capitalism let’s that happen.

Ford has a great car that people making 6 and 7 and 8 figures really want so they let the market eat at launch just like everyone else. Do you think dealerships like having to do warranty work on these types of cars and deal with these types of customers for the long haul? It’s a pain in the ass to deal with the “I bought the best car on the lot, modified it, raced the shit out of it, didn’t change oil or plugs, didn’t check fluids, didn’t even wash it and now it broke so replace the motor or I’m going to the Internet to slander you!” Customer. Let ford dealers make $$$$ up front so they can handle those asshats.

It’s capitalism. If you preach patience about buying your car, and chose not to pay adm’s in 2017/18 for a redeye, good. People wanting gt500’s will do similar, albeit get less of a killer deal because the car holds its value better thanks to higher deman. (thank you Jim Owens. That HELPS the buyer and shows them that ford CARES)

Why do pre gt500 svt products hold their value? Supply and demand. It’s a market based condition that works. Why does the trinity hold its value? Supply and demand. Why does the 07-10 gt500 basically compete with clean terminator pricing? Supply and demand. If there are 19,000 03/04 cobra’s out there, and 75,000 07-10 gt500’s, what’s easier to come by? Regardless of the specialness or greatness of the car, rarity will limit supply and mystic will drive demand. There are differences in the 07-10 gt500’s and I’m not arguing they aren’t better cars, but how often does an 07-10 gt500 sell for 80% of its msrp 15 years later? Time will tell but we see it monthly if not weekly with clean terminators. That’s supply and demand. Should we poopoo grand national gnx’s and Chevelle SS 454’s too? Stupid makers making special cars. Screw copo Camaro’s too! It was all a money grab! (No shit Sherlock, why does anybody do anything?!) the caviate is that following the market driven side let’s ford continue breaking the mold every so many years while everyone else trips over themselves to catch up. The terminator started the blown muscle car trend. The gt500 pressed it into comfier all arounder. The gt500kr brought some track credentials to the table. The trinity said let’s hunt top vettes. The gt350r said let’s play with porsche and blow past bmw. The new gt500 says let’s play with gt2rs, and demons. Maybe we come short but we’ll definitely be in the conversation and ahead of the redeye, as well as ahead of the gt2 with a single car.

No offense but hellcats are cheap on the used market because of supply, and the red eye is not far removed from that reality.

If enthusiast performance for the dollar is your bag, a used $30k 10a 5.0 mustang will run 11.7@120 in minshaft air (and better), throw a blower on it used from a forum sale, and tune it on a gameboy. Take some slicks and skinnies from a failed and forgotten project car and run 9’s at at 140+ for under $40k in a car where you can buy a replacement engine with trans used with 30k miles from a wrecked f150 for $2800 with shipping. Let it eat, swap rinse and repeat. You’d make more money from YouTube kill vids and well done channel than each swap would cost every 3-5 years.

The fanboy posing as car guy stuff is lame. People here like mustangs. You like your dodge. Don’t bullshit and play the middle, just say you like your dodge and it’s run well. You aren’t gonna convince people to buy a dodge any quicker than they’ll convince you to buy a mustang. Enjoy your red eye, it’s a great car and killer buy. Congrats.
No correction
My gut tells me that your calculation of OTD price of $58k involves some fuzzy math. Perhaps it is DA adjusted as well?
No correction on price paid.
Couple of them actually.

A hero run Redeye that is claiming to be faster than a GT500. The redeye is claimed to be "stock" and was ran in negative DA.

The other argument is getting a Redeye for 53K, or, 58K OTD which is grossly unheard of.

Otherwise, that's about it.
No correction.
Maybe I missed it, but does your out the door price of $58K include sales tax, which would be $3,500-4,500?
No correction.
exactly, a dealer sold him an RE for $54.5k? LOL
No correction
arguing what I paid is not worth my time. I'm fine with you guys thinking what you want.
Denial at its finest.
You said $58k otd which means you paid $53k. Or was the actual sale price $58k?

$58k sale price is $64k otd in california. Big difference.
No correction.
Wait, I thought it was $58k OTD. You made sure to emphasize "OTD" several times and even argued about T&L. It would be really easy to put this to rest. Why do you care what people think you paid?
Finally we see a correction after 14 post talking about your price you did not pay.
Oh! Good one! Im feeling the burn on that.
OTD ! Not OTD ..
Seriously?
You are confused...
I NEVER said Anything other than 58k. I NEVER STATED 54k. That is people putting words in my mouth. OTD usually has a (plus tax and tags) next to it, and that is true in this case. Its common sense to me to know that its (plus tax and tags). Had i known it would have caused confusion, i honestly would have stated (plus tax and tags).

many of you are being extremely disrespectful when i am on here trying to offer you knowledge and experience. If you would rather endlessly argue about nonsense, well than that is your prerogative.
You said it twice. We questioned in 14 different post and you never once corrected your two original statements on price paid.
OTD means exactly what came out of your bank account or loan principle, never in 10 million years has it meant before tax.
Exactly. Not to mention the 14 times we corrected you.
Yeah, where would we get that idea? Here is a quick inventory of the conversation of the first 6 pages. I got bored and gave up but there are a total of 12 pages of your documented bullshit.

Here is your first shot of running your mouth about OTD.

More of you running your mouth about OTD.

Here is you fibbing about DA. You are later called out on it since it was -1100 not -400. You then decide to switch gears and claim that DA does not matter.

Here is @blk02edge calling you out for OTD. He was not being a dick, only asking you to clarify
yourself. This was your first opportunity to say "you know what, I fd up, I did not actually mean OTD......"

Whoops, your DA was bullshit too....

Here you are running your mouth about a "stock" Demon......

Whoops not stock....

Here you are getting smug and righteous when someone know better and calls you out on your bullshit.

@ON D BIT calls you out for OTD bullshit. Another opportunity for you to say "golly gee, my mistake..."

Here you are running your mouth again with a bit of smug self satisfaction about how you got a RE for $58k OTD*

*not OTD

Again, this is just the first 6 pages and you were just getting warmed up on your bullshit.

So to sum up this whole friggin thread: You are not stock. You are not stock with just DRs. You are stock + DR + drag wheel + mucho DA tailwind. You did not pay $58k OTD. You do not understand DA. Because of all of this your time and what you paid is not especially noteworthy given all of the above qualifiers. Sound about right?
All true!
its was always stated as 58k. I should have said plus tax and tags. Ive restated that a few times.

a 58k 5 passenger car with a full warranty that does 10.2 on a DR is pretty good, which is the point of this thread.
You said it twice to start. We tried to get you to offer a true statement 14 times you refuses each time.
You always stated $58k otd. When I questioned it and said otd costs means you paid $52/53k on the sale price you never once corrected your original statement.

You paid about $64k otd with California taxes and fees. This is much more believable and still a great price! I don’t think you can find a normal HC new for that price in ca.
As this post shows!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Your feelings arent gonna win
So what is it, OP lied or genuinely didnt understand what OTD means? My thoughts are lied and then dug a hole

Op straight up lied. IMO hes extremely jealous that hes un able to get his hands on a new GT500. most of his posts in this thread are about how he got a smoking deal on a RE which he says is faster than a stock gt500.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If the GT500 can match my 1.4 60's with DR's, then it will be an "automated" drivers race. but I have feeling they wont launch as well. We will see.

Considering they’ve gone 1.7’s on 20” mpsc2’s and 10.6@134 in positive da, what is there to compare? Just a tire to get a 1.5 would put it at yer hero run on slicks with 17” light weight drag wheels.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
0CC09D43-58D9-4F05-AA2A-ED18EB512116.jpeg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
$65k and $2500 in mods can get a shrewd buyer in red eye close to 9’s in rare air. We all know that.

$75k and $2500 in mods can get a shrewd gt500 buyer in the 9’s in rare air, but also consider one is weeks old and the other has $7970 of hp days special to move it since it’s 2 years old. No shame in that, I’d be happy to own and drive either, but I wouldn’t shit on a car that is 3 weeks old as being expensive. Red eyes had 5 figure markups 2 years ago.

Also I don’t see a $17,300 cost to dealer $18,500 carbon fiber package available for the red eye so why bother showing the long form gt500 ordering guide?

When I shop homes, I don’t compare the 4 bedroom 3 bath .75 acre pool patio and 6 car garage house against the 4 bedroom 3 bath .5 acre grassy pasture pad. Both are nice but I get why one is 33% more expensive. The houses are similar but the overall property is different.

Show me a factory redeye with painted stripes, carbon wheels, dct, 16.5” brakes, 500lbs of downforce, carbon dash, and rear seat delete for $105k or less and I’ll entertain the value prospect yer trying to paint.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
This thread is certainly entertaining.
Ill repeat it again that i never deviated from the 58k price i originally stated i paid for the car. The OTD price did not include tax and tags and i clarified that once i realized certain people in the thread were making up there own numbers like “54”. Once i clarified that my Price did not include tax and tags, that should have been it. But this keeps going around and around like im trying to pull some kind of mis information campaign. Even after its been clarified many many times In this thread. people are even quoting me above where i said, plus tax and tags. So ill just keep restating it over and over and over. It was 58k plus tax and tags‍♂️

There are certain members on here (hilariously) just trying to draw your attention away from The original topic, That fact that anyone can infact buy 10.2 second capable redeyes for 58k (plus tax and tags) . Its not that hard to do. You just need to be a bit patient and strategic with the order form, and find a deal combined with dealer incentives. There is one right now, brand new, near me for 61. thats a good starting point. Thats still a great deal.

the 2020 GT500 is considerably more At $$90K. anyway you slice it, it proposes a Vastly inferior “bang for the buck” proposition compared to the Redeye’s price after incentives. The Gt500 is not going to be the better car for everyone, and it certainly was not for me. Not even close.

And someone mentioned i am jealous. I assure you i am not jealous. I was about to make a huge mistake and spend 90k on an overpriced and marked up GT500 from a dealer that wanted to gouge me. bigger payments and a slower 1/4 mile. And i have no doubt that my GT500 would have Been regularly beaten by a car that i could have gotten for 30 k less. I enjoy the Redeye immensely and i know i made the right decision for myself. So much infact, that i came here to spread the word!

and who cares about street tires?!? No one uses them! If you do, youre going to get whooped on by all the DR’d Redeyes.

i know 95 percent of you will never switch. But if one of you even considers it, ive done my duty. To inform you of the vastly superior deal over at Dodge with the Redeye.

My Personal reasons.
-Ability to carry 5 people
-Better instrument cluster and tech On the 2019 redeye.
-feels more like a muscle car.
-way better sounding exhaust and supecharger. The GT500 sounds like pooh.and you cant hear the supercharger.
-better look- the Challengers Have more of a classic muscle car look than the gt500. Especially with headlight from a 2017 mustang GT. Its the first thing you see. Its as if they (the Ford execs) Took a project that was on hold from 3 years ago, dusted it off after a long hiatus and said,

“we should come out with that GT500. Most of the R&D was already done! It will make the new Mustang E a less bitter pill to swallow for everyone.. and lets not bother retooling the lights or front facia... just leave it as is and we can save a few bucks and get it out faster with the old 2017 headlights!! And we will use some ridiculous excuse about the carbon fiber in the front of the car needeing it.”

Oh and lets not forget the ”Golden ticket” to make it feel like you have won something from Willy Wonkas factory , to distract you while you spend your 100k on a supercharged mustang with the 2017 headlights.

Last edited:

PIPO

Established Member
-GT500s aren’t $90k
-Your RE is the stripped model
-2017 headlights vs 2008 chassis and body panels
-GT500 hero run 10.6 > RE hero run 10.8
-GT500 valúes won’t drop 1 cent as soon as you drive off the lot as you stated. RE will drops thousands.
The supercharger whine is in fact better on the RE. I’ll give you that.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
This thread is certainly entertaining.
Ill repeat it again that i never deviated from the 58k price i originally stated i paid for the car. The OTD price did not include tax and tags and i clarified that once i realized certain people in the thread were making up there own numbers like “54”. Once i clarified that my Price did not include tax and tags, that should have been it. But this keeps going around and around like im trying to pull some kind of mis information campaign. Even after its been clarified many many times In this thread. people are even quoting me above where i said, plus tax and tags. So ill just keep restating it over and over and over. It was 58k plus tax and tags‍♂️

There are certain members on here (hilariously) just trying to draw your attention away from The original topic, That fact that anyone can infact buy 10.2 second capable redeyes for 58k (plus tax and tags) . Its not that hard to do. You just need to be a bit patient and strategic with the order form, and find a deal combined with dealer incentives. There is one right now, brand new, near me for 61. thats a good starting point. Thats still a great deal.

the 2020 GT500 is considerably more At $$90K. anyway you slice it, it proposes a Vastly inferior “bang for the buck” proposition compared to the Redeye’s price after incentives. The Gt500 is not going to be the better car for everyone, and it certainly was not for me. Not even close.

And someone mentioned i am jealous. I assure you i am not jealous. I was about to make a huge mistake and spend 90k on an overpriced and marked up GT500 from a dealer that wanted to gouge me. bigger payments and a slower 1/4 mile. And i have no doubt that my GT500 would have Been regularly beaten by a car that i could have gotten for 30 k less. I enjoy the Redeye immensely and i know i made the right decision for myself. So much infact, that i came here to spread the word!

and who cares about street tires?!? No one uses them! If you do, youre going to get whooped on by all the DR’d Redeyes.

i know 95 percent of you will never switch. But if one of you even considers it, ive done my duty. To inform you of the vastly superior deal over at Dodge with the Redeye.

My Personal reasons.
-Ability to carry 5 people
-Better instrument cluster and tech On the 2019 redeye.
-feels more like a muscle car.
-way better sounding exhaust and supecharger. The GT500 sounds like pooh.and you cant hear the supercharger.
-better look- the Challengers Have more of a classic muscle car look than the gt500. Especially with headlight from a 2017 mustang GT. Its the first thing you see. Its as if they (the Ford execs) Took a project that was on hold from 3 years ago, dusted it off after a long hiatus and said,

“we should come out with that GT500. Most of the R&D was already done! It will make the new Mustang E a less bitter pill to swallow for everyone.. and lets not bother retooling the lights or front facia... just leave it as is and we can save a few bucks and get it out faster with the old 2017 headlights!! And we will use some ridiculous excuse about the carbon fiber in the front of the car needeing it.”

Oh and lets not forget the ”Golden ticket” to make it feel like you have won something from Willy Wonkas factory , to distract you while you spend your 100k on a supercharged mustang with the 2017 headlights.

Yer yeller. You a trump guy or a Hillary human?

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Are you aware that we all know you tried to fluff the price in favor of making it look better? Easiest way out would have been to admit you have no clue what OTD means.
No sir.
My price has always been 58. The people on this forum assumed “OTD” meant 54 and i told then no, that it was 58k plus tax and tags. Over and over again.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
-GT500s aren’t $90k
-Your RE is the stripped model
-2017 headlights vs 2008 chassis and body panels
-GT500 hero run 10.6 > RE hero run 10.8
-GT500 valúes won’t drop 1 cent as soon as you drive off the lot as you stated. RE will drops thousands.
The supercharger whine is in fact better on the RE. I’ll give you that.
- To those saying its a stripper: my car is not stripped at all. Its just a very well equipped base car 2019 redeye. It even has heated seats and a heated steering wheel. All base hellcat Redeye. Lol.
- your comparison is not apples to apples. A better comparison would be if dodge came out with the Redeye, but then put headlights from the 2008-2014 challenger on the front and said- “oh we had to use the old lights because the Redeye is too cool for the newer lights”. That would be ridiculous.
-that 10.8 is far from a hero run. A better comparison would be to take that 10.8 run and compare it to the slew of Low 11 sec runs everyone ran with the gt500.
-Gt500 values will drop day one. Not in the typical sense thpugh. the money you pay in markup will immediately be lost. Money right out the window. IF you can find one for MSRP, then Yes they will hold for awhile. I highly suggest not paying a dime over MSRP.
- its not just the supercharger whine. Its the way the entire car sounds..have fun modding your brand new 90k GT500’s with exhust systems and intakes, to get them to sound decent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread