Stock shortblock B head n/a car makes....

JIMS SVT

Established Member
Got the car back together with the stock shortblock.It got a set of ported heads,comp cams(16500),comp springs,comp retainers,s/s valves30 lbs injecters,aviator fuel pump and other little things.It also pegged the stock maf so we had to put a maf extender on it.Turned out pretty good.My friend Jeremy helped with the swap.Ken @ modular depot did a great job with the tuned.Took the time to get it right.Heres the dyno graph

bhead.jpg

JIMS SVT

Established Member
I might build a shortblock for it this winter so we can make more power and spiner to like 8000 or so.Right now the stock sb is doing fine.

duane v

Established Member
Nice numbers...BTW what type of lower intake should I go with??? Its the only thing on my motor that hasnt been touched..I have 98 b-headed 4Vr and it currrently makes 361 rwhp and 308 ftlbs..thanx for the help...DA snake boy!!!

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
you can definitely tell that you have a shortrunner intake and cams by the fact that the power doesn't fall on its face before 7k

i would like to know what the supporting mods are

cause i am getting mine dyno tuned next week and i would like a ballpark figure

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:
you can definitely tell that you have a shortrunner intake and cams by the fact that the power doesn't fall on its face before 7k
That's what I noticed too. HP gains all the way to 7k rpms! But if this cost more than $3,500, doesn't a Kenn Belle make more sense. Their website claims 100-125 HP gains for 96-98 Cobras. That would put us at about 400hp at the rear.

JIMS SVT

Established Member
The car peaked at 6350 with the shortrunner on it with the stock longblock.The car made the power all the way to 7500 rev limiter with the new mods stock shortblock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread