stock tune, whipple 2.3L/ 3.5" pulley - monoblade inlet?

srdigital

Established Member
Hello,

I'm postponing my engine rebuild for a little bit to wrap up some other, more pressing projects. I'd still like to be able to move, or even drive the car, while i bide my time.

One cylinder is down on compression a bit, but has been running fine for 3-4k miles. passed smog no problem and the rotating assembly seems and sounds fine. The old setup/custom tune was done for the factory Eaton with a 2.76 pulley.

Could I get away running the stock tune/MAF/injectors with the Whipple 2.3L & 3.5" pulley, but with a monoblade inlet (Accufab TB)? I understand that the original FRPP kit had a twin-blade inlet and used the stock TB, but mine isn't equipped as such.

I am not trying to track or beat on it, just get it on the road for a while, smog it again so i can register it, and get a proper tune after the rebuild.

Thanks

MalcolmV8

Established Member
No clue on the smog stuff but as far as getting the engine running yeah it'll mostly work. I've stuck stock injectors and MAF on several bigger blower cars for troubleshooting obscure issues and it definitely works. It's not perfect but if you just want to drive around and stay out of boost it'll likely work.

Users who are viewing this thread