Stop Complaining About Minor Traffic Violations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
eci said:
Whatever. I don't red lights. I'm 31 and have never even pulled over, no accidents, nothing EVER.

People get ticketed who entered the intersection on GREEN.

Or how about when someone in front of you is going along at a good speed, so you follow them into the intersection, but then there is a dip at the end, and their riced out civic SLOWS TO 1MPH so he doesn't bump his ground effects. BOOM TICKET.

"wait till it's clear"

yeah. we should all slam on our brakes and stop at the limit line till the intersection is TOTALLY CLEAR, then floor it.

Whatever.

Unless you are going to post a link to a credible site or some other credible proof of what you are stating, you need to STOP!!!

In this forum, your "opinion" is not fact and the purpose of this forum is to present factual information and answers to legitimate questions.

Signed

Moderators et. al.

10secobra

Established Member
*removed by moderator*

Stay on topic and post constructively or not at all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
When I am at the line, and the light turns green, and there are cars running the red light in front of me, sometimes I do lose my cool and honk at them. Is this illegal?

graywolf_14

Established Member
Yeah I dont get when people get mad because they get pulled over. Me I have never raised my voice or cussed at a officer. I figure if I am speeding and I get caught it is my fault so why blame the officer. Shoot one time I was even search along with my car and I was joking the whole time with the officers. I got a ticked a couple months ago for going 101 in a 70 and I was very polite. The officer was to seeming he could of taken me to jail and he was very quick. Course the fact I am a corrects officer probley helped. And a sugestion is to be honest because I have gotten off of many tickets one including going 33 in a school zone and doing 52 in a 35.

fast black gt

eci said:
You don't seem to have a lot of experience with the pricing however. Lockheed Martin's system costs a FORTUNE and then you have to yield 60% of ticket revenue back to them.

The city of temecula, ca, recently found it cheaper to hire two additional full time officers, which they did and bannjed red light cameras.

I live there i - i fought a ticket i got one day in the rain, I got cuaght in that area of go or no go and remembered that was one of the intersections that had a camera on it. This was 2 years ago. So i start to brake realizing i was not going to stop becuase i started to slide and went through it. I fought it in court and won with the actual photo's they took- kinda strange. They are now gone thank god!

There is an intersection in oceanside that has a camera on it that is very sensetive-- I found out by a friend who is a cop down there if you go flying up to the light when it is red and stop really hard at the line it will take a picture- he showed me pics of him doing that in his squad car. He was waving and smiling too it was classic!

Last edited by a moderator:

RobRage

Established Member
Certainly true...Many people fail to understand that cops are assigned to different things. The ones who pull you over and write tickets are assigned to pull people over and write tickets. It's the ultimate symbol of stupidity and ignorance when someone tells a cop they should be fighting more significant crimes.

DixieStang

Established Member
all i have to say is wait while the cop writes you ticket, be nice smile and deal with the ticket because if u do otherwise you wont get over it for a while and it will make things a whole lot worse!

DixieStang

Established Member
we have those stupid cameras wher i live and the local gang bangers get drunk ever saturday night and try to shho as many of them as possible, its funny but just cost tax payers even more!

GTfan03

I live in the great state of Virginia with those nice big fines for speeding now. What DixieStang said about being nice to the officer writing the ticket is the best way to go. My lawyer was able to get my reckless driving ticket 86 in a 65 reduced to 9 over and reckless dropped because I was not a jerk towards the cop. I didn't have any reason to be mad at him, he was doing his job and I shouldn't have been going that fast. It's not the officer's fault when you break the law and get pulled over.

streetbaby

Established Member
a cop once told me ... i dont get mad all the times i dont catch you speeding or driving reckless so dont get mad at me the one time i catch you!!! i was 19 and learned a lesson!now 26 and know better! so if i get caught itz my fault and i'm man enough to assume responsesibilities for my actions and decisions!man up guyz!!

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
So how can the original post create 3 pages of nonsense? All I am reading is how people are getting angry because they get pulled over for doing something illegal

Edit** oh it's a couple years old, that's how lol

Last edited:

mike2008

Re: Stop Complaining about Minor Traffic Violations

I guess routine traffic stops evolving into criminal activities. I would like to say that this in no way equates to all drivers stopped in routine traffic stops being criminals.

Phase One Car Transport

Code3GT

A reply to SVTfan

First off, I am new here, so I would like to thank you in advance for hearing me out. Second, EVERYTHING that SVTfan wrote was spot-on:bowdown:. Personally, I went from being one of the complainers (when I was young and dumb and drove an Import. I repeat. Young and DUMB, and I now have seen the errors of my stupidity) to an individual who protects and enforces the law. I went from one who whined and cried because I felt like I was being "picked on" to realizing the Officer was just doing his job and maybe even saved my life! I have taken this mindset into my own career, and you'd be amazed at how friendly you can turn people after you have just pulled them over. Long story short, SVTfan hit the nail on the head and if you don't like being pulled over, stop being the issue and start being the solution. YOU CAN DRIVE A NICE CAR AND NOT BE PULLED OVER. IT'S NOT AN IMPOSSIBILITY. Drive safe.

arjhay154

I have decided to remove my entire post to avoid any problems with the mods and the membership. Sorry for any inconvience my post may have created.

5NAK3

Established Member
*removed by moderator - this post is off topic and likely the subject of a new thread, considering posting a thread*

Leeiswho2b

I'll be your huckleberry!
Established Member
And what scale are you using to judge the proportion? Everyone has laws they dont like and consider minor. The car guys dont like traffic laws and consider them minor. The guys who smoke weed, dont like the possession laws and consider them minor. The taggers, who vandalize and paint graffiti on buildings and private property dont like the vandalism laws and consider them minor. It is all in your perspective. Like I said before, there isnt an officer I know that wouldnt prefer to stop a rape, murder, burglary, etc over a traffic stop. But looking for those crimes while ignoring the so called "minor" ones isnt the answer.

I dont gather your reasoning.

Yes the motivation is called doing your job. L.E.O.s arent hired to enforce only the laws they agree with and support wholeheartedly, they enforce all the laws regardless of personal belief.

I dont know what you are hinting at! I can assume you are making reference to the so called "ticket quota". If that is the case, you are barking up the wrong tree. Because if you follow the threads most people bitch about being stopped for minor violations and then let go. If there was such a quota, then why would an officer let anyone who is in violation go? They wouldnt. Because if they did, they wouldnt get a new toaster.

Officers like anyone else can make their own choices, but then again they will be the ones paying for those choices. We have checks and balances in place. There are "tests" done all the time of officers by I.A. to make sure they are doing what they are hired and sworn to do. There is an old saying in L.E. "do whatever your career can handle".

Discretion for certain violations is granted by each individual agency. As quickly as it is granted it can be taken away. For instance, if there is a rise in accidents being caused by not using a blinker, the powers that be will start a strict enforcement detail for turn signal use, and discretion for that violation is not within the officers purview.

As long as no one will change your mind of anything, then there is no reason to have a cogent and constructive conversation with you. Have a nice day. No reply this is necessary as it will lead nowhere, according to you.

I beg to differ!!!! LEO's have discretion to decide what they would consider worthwhile written citations. They are a professional, yes? If so, would that not empower you to use your own judgement? Mess up and see if they don't hold you professionally accountable. Not trying to be rude, but just don't like seeing people acting as if they don't ever bend rules for their convenience.

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
*removed by moderator* Why dont you actually read some of the threads here that will answer your questions instead of assuming an incorrect answer.

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
i beg to differ!!!! Leo's have discretion to decide what they would consider worthwhile written citations. They are a professional, yes? If so, would that not empower you to use your own judgement? Mess up and see if they don't hold you professionally accountable. Not trying to be rude, but just don't like seeing people acting as if they don't ever bend rules for their convenience.

this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread