• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Strange noise

Discussion in 'Cobra R's' started by oregon87, Jul 29, 2019.

1. oregon87

oregon87 Active Member Established Member

Calling all 00R owners. My R has a strange sound at around 2500-3000 RPM, under a load only. It very rarely will make the noise when free revving the engine in neutral or with the clutch in. As such, it’s been a pain to pin down. It’s a high pitch vibration/squeak, loud enough that it can just be heard outside of the car. I’ve looked under the car for the obvious. Driveshaft, exhaust vibration, etc. I am curious if anyone else has experienced a similar noise. It should be noted that I’ve got the Bassani cat back exhaust currently on the car. It’s been on it since I bought it almost 5 years ago. Short of mounting a GoPro under the car, any ideas?

2. DAVESVT2000

DAVESVT2000 Well-Known Member Established Member

Throw out bearing ?

When it makes the noise will it go away if you push the clutch in?

3. SLOWBRA

SLOWBRA Well-Known Member Established Member

Can you get a video of it?

4. oregon87

oregon87 Active Member Established Member

It goes away when you come off the throttle. So, by extension, the noise does disappear when pushing in the clutch, but not as a result of it. I’ll try to grab a iPhone vid of it next time I have the car out. It’s somehow load related and I swore it was a high frequency exhaust vibration, but I can’t recreate it with the car not moving, nor can I find anything obvious. May have to put it on a lift and investigate closer.

5. T.R.I Cobra

T.R.I Cobra New Member Established Member