Strange sound...

sikryd

Established Member
This has happened a few times, but I have never been able to figure out what it could possibly be. I believe that all 3 times over the course of a year, it has been when I was reversing. It sounds almost like a flimsy piece of metal being dragged on the ground, also sounds as if its in the front part of the car. I checked brakes, anything that may have been lose hanging from the car, ect... Its done it when the car was cold, and also when it was hot. I don't see anything that could be making the noise. Anyone else heard this noise before? I know its kind of vague, so not hoping for much help on this.

DaFreak

Established Member
hmmm, any hard turning when in reverse? If so, there could be rubbing on splash shields. If not, it could be brake pad rub.

sikryd

Established Member
When that happens, edit your original post...go to the advance option, and change the option box to "email notice".

Thanks, will do next time.

hmmm, any hard turning when in reverse? If so, there could be rubbing on splash shields. If not, it could be brake pad rub.

I looked at the brake pads and didn't notice anything out of place. I believe that the tires were straight when the noise happened.

I heard the sound in my car but was never able to find the source.......

Let me know if you figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread