StreetSpeed717 Vs IconicGT500 RD3

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell of a race!!! Although that gap was smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall !

Looked fun

gofast15

Established Member
Good close race , . Boltons , H/C 6.2L ZR1 with 2.65 blower lost to a bolt on 5.2L tank with 2.65 blower LOL . GT500 heaving a passenger too it has to be like 700lbs weight difference between them . What's wrong with the ZR1 ?

Z06

Established Member
Mike just got back his car from LMR about 2 weeks now. I think its under 1000 rwhp. I think around 910/920 he mentioned.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Really close race as pointed out, the GT-500 had a passenger aboard, so add maybe another 190 lbs. Both awesome cars!! The number of 900+whp cars out there is mind-blowing. I had to chucked at @Z06's post, "Mike just got back his car from LMR about 2 weeks now. I think its under 1000 rwhp. I think around 910/920 he mentioned". Said so casually. And yet, those power levels are becoming a norm. A baseline per se. Gotta love it!
upload_2021-4-20_18-58-35.png

cam346

Established Member
here we go again little 5.2 vs big 6.2 i didnt see a gap both ran 163. mph. note black mamba gt 5.0 ran the same mph.

LostM

Established Member
here we go again little 5.2 vs big 6.2 i didnt see a gap both ran 163. mph. note black mamba gt 5.0 ran the same mph.

mamba would get smoked. 163 was his best, both ran 163 THAT pass, which was OUR worst

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol, hasnt that zr1 been at the LMR shop like twice now? SS717 is a corvette guy, maybe he'll have better luck in a c8 since c7s aren't known for roll racing.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Good close race , . Boltons , H/C 6.2L ZR1 with 2.65 blower lost to a bolt on 5.2L tank with 2.65 blower LOL . GT500 heaving a passenger too it has to be like 700lbs weight difference between them . What's wrong with the ZR1 ?
Displacement is really a mute point when comparing a DOHC 4V V8 to a OHV 2V Pushrod engine. The latter makes the same power with more torque due to increased displacement with less weight and easier packaging. 2 ways to accomplish similar power levels.

And Street Speed was told on IG to remove the high wing that adds 1000lbs of downforce for roll racing but refused as “It looks to cool”.

yenko boy

Established Member
Displacement is really a mute point when comparing a DOHC 4V V8 to a OHV 2V Pushrod engine. The latter makes the same power with more torque due to increased displacement with less weight and easier packaging. 2 ways to accomplish similar power levels.

And Street Speed was told on IG to remove the high wing that adds 1000lbs of downforce for roll racing but refused as “It looks to cool”.
That wing also helps with high speed stability so probably worth the lost of top end. Unless your racing for cash.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
That wing also helps with high speed stability so probably worth the lost of top end. Unless your racing for cash.
Most fast C7’s take off most of the aero at roll racing/straight line events even GS/Z06 guys.

It is only beneficial on a road course and numerous independent tests have verified this. And that is just comparing the basic stage 1,2,3 aero where there are several MPH differences on straights not the ZTK stuff on the ZR1. Trust me, the C7 is plenty stable at high speeds.

Ask any C7 GS/Z06 owner on here how drastic the difference in top end is btw the standard stage 1-3 aero. GM won’t even sell the GS with the stage 3 aero as it creates too much drag for a stock 460hp car.

Last edited:

gofast15

Established Member

Heads , cam and huge weight difference is a mute point too

Same power LOL . It had additional heads , cam , huge weight advantage and still lost

Last edited:

Z06

Established Member
Heads , cam and huge weight difference is a mute point too

Same power LOL . It had additional heads , cam , huge weight advantage and still lost

In his upload last night he also stated he doesn't want to be taking things off or out the car. Want's to run it as is because the previous races he had with these cars, he wants to see how he will fair off leaving things they way they are. Well except for the little increase in power he got from his last trip to LMR. I believe he will be getting some upgrades done, the car was actually making over 1000RWHP but Steven didn't like the way it drove for what Mike wanted it as. A daily. So they scaled back a bit. Either way he lost and he was a good sport. Props to Iconic GT500. Fast Shelby there!

Users who are viewing this thread