STREISAND DECLARES 'GLOBAL WARMING EMERGENCY' Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

AzDropTop

Established Member
STREISAND DECLARES 'GLOBAL WARMING EMERGENCY'

THE SUPERSTAR SONGSTRESS SERENADED SAWYER WITH STORM SEASON ASSERTIONS. BUT TO SOME SHE'LL SOUND MORE LIKE A WINDSOCK SINGING LIBERALISM'S GOLDEN OLDIES!

NEW YORK -- This summer's back to back superstorms are proof positive we have entered a new period of "global warming emergency," artist/citizen Barbra Streisand warns.

Streisand is back on the scene to promote her reunion disc with Barry Gibb.

As hellstorm "Rita" churned in the Gulf, Streisand sat down for a promotional interview with ABCNEWS's Diane Sawyer.

"We are in a global warming emergency state, and these storms are going to become more frequent, more intense," Streisand urgently declares.

But Sawyer did not remind Streisand that a Category 5 hurricane struck the Bahamas with 160 mph winds -- when the singer was five years old, in 1947!

And when Streisand was 8 years old, a Cat 5 hurricane -- named "Dog" -- packing 185 mph churned-away in the Atlantic.

When she was 9, a Cat 5 storm named "Easy" ripped the seas with 160 mph sustained winds.

Streisand was 13 years old when "Janet" hit Mexico with 150 mph winds.

Streisand was celebrating her sweet sixteen as "Cleo" formed with 140 mph.

At 18, Streisand read news about "Donna" AND "Ethel" -- both storms carried 140 mph winds and formed 9 days apart in 1960!

One year later, when Streisand was 19, it happened again: Two Category 5 storms scared the world: "Carla" and "Hattie!"

"Carla" maxed out at 175 mph winds the year Streisand made her television debut on "The Jack Paar Show."

And who could forget Hurricane "Camille" -- which smashed into the United States with 190 mph, just as "Funny Girl" garners eight Academy Award nominations, including one for Best Picture and one for Barbra as Best Actress.

Up next on the weather warning watch, Streisand says to ABC: "There could be more droughts, dust bowls. You know, it's amazing to hear these facts."

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
What a dumb F***. Shes not a scientist, she doesnt know whats going on. Theres been hurricanes since the beginning of time, its nothing new it doesnt mean squat.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I've heard both sides and all I know is the people in Frostbite Falls, Minnesota hopes she is right.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I encourage anyone who thinks we're in some global warming induced hurricane armageddon to type National Hurricane Center into google and subsequently look at the data on hurricanes from the past 100+ years.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
mjzilinski said:
+1, theres been hurricanes since the beginning of time its nothing new.

Did it say if those cost estimates are nominal or real values? I'm sure people will think they are getting costlier and deadlier, ignoring the fact the population has risen dramatically and more people live in dangerous (i.e under-sea-level/coastal) cities...

Ad Wizard

Love+Peace+BikeGrease
Established Member
Whether it's caused by greenhouse gasses (which I think are at least partially to blame) or it's a natural cycle of our planet, global warming is a reality. Our oceans are heating up, polar ice caps are melting, record temperatures, the list goes on. One of the byproducts of warmer ocean temperatures is indeed a greater chance of hurricanes. So yes, I think global warming COULD have contributed to these storms, or at least augmented them.

Personally, I am worried about what the earth will look like in 50 years if this trend continues. Aren't you guys?

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
DBK said:
Did it say if those cost estimates are nominal or real values? I'm sure people will think they are getting costlier and deadlier, ignoring the fact the population has risen dramatically and more people live in dangerous (i.e under-sea-level/coastal) cities...
Heres another one. Make sure you read the title though it says its not adjusted for inflation.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastcost.shtml

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Ad Wizard said:
Whether it's caused by greenhouse gasses (which I think are at least partially to blame) or it's a natural cycle of our planet, global warming is a reality. Our oceans are heating up, polar ice caps are melting, record temperatures, the list goes on. One of the byproducts of warmer ocean temperatures is indeed a greater chance of hurricanes. So yes, I think global warming COULD have contributed to these storms, or at least augmented them.

Personally, I am worried about what the earth will look like in 50 years if this trend continues. Aren't you guys?

Until someone can approximate accurately the sink affect for CO2 of the oceans and vegetation...

AND account for the volume of naturally produced "greenhouse gasses"....

Then how the heck can we know it's us????

What about all the methane trapped in sediment in the oceans???.. that also is affected by ocean levels and temps and is viewed I believe as a buffering agent...???

Ad Wizard

Love+Peace+BikeGrease
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
Until someone can approximate accurately the sink affect for CO2 of the oceans and vegetation...

AND account for the volume of naturally produced "greenhouse gasses"....

Then how the heck can we know it's us????

What about all the methane trapped in sediment in the oceans???.. that also is affected by ocean levels and temps and is viewed I believe as a buffering agent...???

Agreed - I think there are interesting and valid points on both sides, and neither should be ignored as "liberal brainwashing." But my point is, whether we are doing it or Mother Nature is doing it, the earth IS getting warmer. And THAT is what has me concerned.

04shakerJRS

Established Member
Just like Tom Cruise spoutin out on tv about how he knows the history of psychiatry. Celebrities are soo dumb! And they influence so many people, its sad, really!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
We've been in Global Warming for thousands of years. If we didn't have Global Warming the Polar Ice Caps would still be covering Canada and the upper United States!! :read:

Users who are viewing this thread