strengthening up for supercharger

NickG

Established Member
Im trying to think what i need strengthen up on my car when i get the roush supercharger
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
1 degree colder spark plugs and larger injectors.. those are all the supporting mods you will need. Depending on boost level, a BAP is needed as well.

TheYeti

Established Member
there are quite a few people that will run the roush carger kit with no other mods and be fine. It really depends on what you plan on doing with the car and if you plan on changing out the pulley or get a more aggressive tune. Will it be a daily driver or taking to the track? If its for the track, the mods would be more so that you get traction and not just spin tires all day long.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Nothing provided you keep it under 600whp. its when you go over 600whp that things start to break. You may want to save some money for a clutch when the stocker goes out but the stock clutches hold pretty well if your not sticking slicks ont he car and taking it to the strip every weekend. The stock internals should hold up for a good while provided your tune it good.

NickG

Established Member
Im gonna run the 82mm pulley. Just wanted to make sure the driveshaft, rear end, ect will hold up to the power. Thanks for the advice

Mike50

Established Member
Im trying to think what i need strengthen up on my car when i get the roush supercharger
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Keep it under 600 RWHP, and you probably won't "need" to upgrade anything. It would be very wise to at least get better tires. There are quite a few of us in the Roush TVS camp with 530-600ish RWHP. A few replaced the clutch and/or driveshaft, but I think most haven't. In addition to the stock Roush parts, all I did was replace the tune (VMP) and pulley (79mm), and so far, so good. It hauls ass!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I'm running 82mm on it with no other mods except tune at all. No issues yet, bout 5k miles since install. I only drive about 1k miles a month.

Users who are viewing this thread