Strickly Performance 9 sec run w/o rap

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Here it is w/o the rap as ff&mm had a exclusive video of the huston hi 9 sec run including the sound of the car. And that's the big news imo, listen to those cams they don't even sound close to stock. So the first custom tuned camshafts via a programmer? Sure sounds that way. I put this in the 2011 section also.
Mustang & Ford Videos & Video Clips - Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords Magazine

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh cool, i was right(about the TI-VCT tuning)! that thing sounds absolutely amazing!!!

on a side note, it's pretty easy to see why these mag editors deal with magazines for their day jobs, and not in front of video cameras, lol.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
What were you right about? The video didn't say shit.
word was that they had the music playing in the original video because they didn't want the other tuners to hear what they did with the tune. i said that they probably made some changes to the TI-VCT, and with this vid it's apparent that they did.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
my Cobra has stock cams and i constantly have people telling me they sound like aftermarket cams.....those sound stock to me
props to Richard and the crew at Strictly.....that 5.0 is haulin ass

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
my Cobra has stock cams and i constantly have people telling me they sound like aftermarket cams.....those sound stock to me
props to Richard and the crew at Strictly.....that 5.0 is haulin ass
no doubt, the cams probably are stock. but it's the variable cam timing i'm talking about.

really guys, it's not like i predicted the return of jesus or anything, someone was gonna start screwing with the variable cam timing eventually.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
no doubt, the cams probably are stock. but it's the variable cam timing i'm talking about.

really guys, it's not like i predicted the return of jesus or anything, someone was gonna start screwing with the variable cam timing eventually.

Oh yea, I see what you are talking about. You can definately hear the Vtec kick in. :dw:

How does the sound of that car tell you ANYTHING? Point out the time and sound so us with less trained ears can pick it out. :poke:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Oh yea, I see what you are talking about. You can definately hear the Vtec kick in. :dw:

How does the sound of that car tell you ANYTHING? Point out the time and sound so us with less trained ears can pick it out. :poke:
oh, you caught me. your right, they had that music on there originally because it sounded PRETTY!

19935.slow

Established Member
word was that they had the music playing in the original video because they didn't want the other tuners to hear what they did with the tune. i said that they probably made some changes to the TI-VCT, and with this vid it's apparent that they did.

Whats apparent lol?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
It's just the whole deal is well... weird.. why then mask the strickly vid w rap? I know 3" exhaust they say w stock hdrs on that other vid. I hate games, wish strickly would get on here and just say. I'd would know then who I would have tune my 2011 gt. I know back in the day w 2003 cobras it was all top secret imo. Yea it ran good. Another thing we have not seen the 2011 out again since the hi nine pass, wtf is that?

I want to know the limits like anyone else. Shops pushing the limits of a new engine just need to say like don't add more nitrous than say a 200 hp jets or xx nitrous jet and xx fuel jet. Be nice if that would happen. Prob never... it's like politics, they promise the world and deliver lil. Ok cops pulled me over tonight, wife got rearended day before and I just had bypass surgery 3 months ago and work sucked so I'm tired of bs. Though I have always been a ford stang guy forever I'm old and tired of bs. Last time I bought a 03 cobra, best deal for the $ to 450 rwhp then do a wet shot. I was running the 71 z28 in my 69 stang in 74.

Ok enough rant, hopefully they see this and respond, the cat is out of the bag now and we want to spend $. The guys at modfords are saying bs. I heard strickly was using some beta sct tuning version. Well, we here want to know does it do cam timing stuff or not? It appears so vs my 03 w bassani full exhaust. But the facts please, I grow tired of games... I'm a worthy ford guy since 71 w my 65 hypo..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats to the first 5.0 into the 9s! I'd say the Mustang's future just will get better and better. An awesome engine for sure! And we can all expect to see more than a few tuners exploit it's potential. That's what hot rodding is all about. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread